PDA

View Full Version : A single scene from my first game...

NymTevlyn
May 29th, 2007, 18:17
I know it's not all that impressive, but damn did I have fun. I really like the software.

https://www.jaderaven.com/fg_example.jpg

Of course that was taken before I figured out how to get my portrait up there for the others to see. Those default portraits are fugly.

valhallan
May 30th, 2007, 20:51
Nice screenshot. Looking at your chat log it looks like you've got a chatty rules-nitpicker in your party. Probably an ex-DM. *sigh* Every game seems to have one...

...oh wait, that's you! ha ha

NymTevlyn
May 30th, 2007, 20:57
That was me making the rules remark about the light crossbow damage. :cry: Just kidding. :p I wasn't quite sure how familiar the other players were with the rules or maybe they'd just grabbed the wrong die. ::shrugs:: I was one hit away from being knocked unconscious... so I wanted to be sure we took advantage of everything at our disposal. =)

The five foot step thing was missed on the map. I had dragged a movement line from my character to show I wanted to take a five foot step, but it was so small, the DM missed it, which is why I made that remark. :ogre:

valhallan
May 30th, 2007, 21:12
Understandable. Also remember the whisper function ("/w +2 for flanking"). If you think the DM screwed up and can't help but point it out you can whisper it to him so the other players don't see it, and then he's not embarrassed.

Don't abuse the whisper function though because it can get tedious for a DM who'se got to answer whispers constantly, and that's time he can't describe stuff to all the players (just try having a couple of evil players in a good party, its like a whisper-factory on the DM's chat log and the good players are like "Did I freeze up?" because nothing is on the chat log for them).

NymTevlyn
May 30th, 2007, 21:33
I only said the +2 for flanking before I forgot to add it in on the modifier thingy. It was my mistake. :p That was my first game using FG though. I am still figuring out all the little tricks and things you can use.

valhallan
May 30th, 2007, 22:48
Yeah, I'm relearning this program in our adventures from our FG1 days. Suddenly in FG2 I can grab the attack and hit dice right out of the entry in the personalities card! That was a nice surprise.
(Though don't misspell something in that box if you make a monster card DMs, you'll get a popup window full of string functions when you try to grab the die, crashing the game!)

Speaking of new things, have you guys found out if there's a common modifiers page in the rule references? You know, the one with 'charge' and 'flank' and 'shoot into melee' already there ready to drag into the modifier box that was in FG1? I can't seem to find it in the included reference books. Do you know what I'm talking about?

NymTevlyn
May 30th, 2007, 23:00
I don't believe so, but someone was working on one. It's in the workshop forum I believe.

richvalle
May 31st, 2007, 16:36
Speaking of new things, have you guys found out if there's a common modifiers page in the rule references? You know, the one with 'charge' and 'flank' and 'shoot into melee' already there ready to drag into the modifier box that was in FG1? I can't seem to find it in the included reference books. Do you know what I'm talking about?

No, it seems to be missing. You can create your own modifires using the abilities page. Name something there, add a number modifire and then drag and drop to the hot keys.

rv

NymTevlyn
May 31st, 2007, 17:10
No, it seems to be missing. You can create your own modifires using the abilities page. Name something there, add a number modifire and then drag and drop to the hot keys.
Cool. That's a neat trick. My character I'm playing now is a druid and has lots of modifiers keep track of. I was just about ready to create separate character sheets for her various forms.

joshuha
May 31st, 2007, 18:05
You can also create them on the fly just like in FG 1.

"/die 2 Flanking" will put it in the chat screen for players to drag and drop into their modifier box or a hotkey slot.

NymTevlyn
May 31st, 2007, 18:10
I was the player at the time. Would that work for a player to do as well?

valhallan
May 31st, 2007, 18:15
Yes! The "/die 2 Flanking" works great. Thanks!

richvalle
May 31st, 2007, 18:46
I was the player at the time. Would that work for a player to do as well?

Yes, it works for everyone.

rv