PDA

View Full Version : Optional chat / hotkey mechanics...

NymTevlyn
May 29th, 2007, 17:41
Would it be possible to create an options menu that allows us to set up our own hotkeys, bindable keys, and such? I'd love to have a more mmo like chat set up because that it was I am used to.

Small changes such as you have to hit the Enter key or / key to begin typing in the chat box. Hitting the 1 thru = keys would trigger the hotkey. It'd be easier for me to play that way... cause well I've played various MMO's for over seven years now and that's what I'm used to.

Also... why doesn't the program take focus when you click on it or hit alt-tab?! That alone frustrates me more than anything else.

Griogre
May 29th, 2007, 18:13
The Alt Tab thing is a bug. Why it happens is FG is a DirectX app and they do not give up focus gracefully because by definition DirectX apps are suppose to have sole control of the hardware for performance reasons so you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to make DirectX apps "share".

NymTevlyn
May 31st, 2007, 07:50
I've noticed something... it only doesn't take focus when I have FG maximized. If I just re-size the window to fill the screen, alt-tabbing and clicking in it anywhere with the mouse lets it take focus.

richvalle
May 31st, 2007, 16:17
I've noticed something... it only doesn't take focus when I have FG maximized. If I just re-size the window to fill the screen, alt-tabbing and clicking in it anywhere with the mouse lets it take focus.

This is my normal way of playing. Then I keep www.d20srd.org up and also able to go out and track down an image if I need too.

I hope to soon have 2 monitors again and then I'll drag across both screen.

rv

NymTevlyn
May 31st, 2007, 16:59
I have two monitors and thus was rather frustrated when maximizing the FG window on my widescreen monitor and it not taking focus heh.