PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Targeting after roll

NoHobo
December 16th, 2020, 20:53
I was about an hour into a session and started a new encounter but when my characters or enemies would select their target, the attack would hit/miss or apply damage to the incorrect token. Combat tracker would say "Targeting bandit" but the chat would say "-> Bandit Captain [HIT]" for example. I am almost positive this occurs when dragging the player tokens from the combat tracker onto a new map. After testing, it seems to work if I delete all tokens from the tracker when switching maps and re-adding them. I'm just wondering if this is the intended process or if you are supposed to be able to keep your party in the combat tracker throughout the session without deleting and re-adding them for each new map. Or if that isn't the problem at all, it gets confusing if half way through a large battle the targeting gets screwy, especially for new players.

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2020, 21:09
This has been reported sporadically; but no one has been able to recreate. This is the first time I think someone has reported that it is specifically related to moving tokens between maps; which hopefully may be a key to pinpointing the issue.

Thanks,
JPG

GKEnialb
December 17th, 2020, 01:10
In the meantime, you may want to perform your targeting on the combat tracker and not the map - that seems to work much more consistently.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2020, 15:19
I wasn't able to recreate this directly; so I was hoping that you could provide exact steps on how you "drag player tokens to a new map"?

* Do you drag faction icon to place whole party?
* Do you drag individual icons from PC combat tracker entries?
* Do you drag tokens from previous maps onto the new map?

Also, a few other questions:

* How are you adding enemy tokens to the map? (Preplaced encounters added all at once; adding NPCs individually, then dragging tokens; etc.)
* Was the player targeting enemies on the original map; before being moved to the new map?

Basically, any sort of specific steps that you can provide on how you run your game/encounters may help me identify the issue.

Regards,
JPG