PDA

View Full Version : [SWADE] Using the Dice Tower to roll on a Table results in a Script Error

FrodoB
December 16th, 2020, 16:25
Short and sweet:

Ruleset: SavageWorlds. Does not happen with PF2 or CoreRPG.
Steps to Reproduce:

Set "Chat: Show GM Rolls" and "Table: Dice Tower" to "On".
Create a Table (for example a 1d20 roll).
Drop the Table dice into the Dice Tower.
Expected Behavior: The result shows up in chat, invisible to the players, visible to the GM. This happens correctly in PF2 and CoreRPG (and I assume most other rulesets).
Actual Behavior: Script Error. Has been verified in chat to happen to a few other people, so it's not just me.

Cheers
Frodo

Trenloe
December 16th, 2020, 16:31
For the dev that looks at this, the error I'm getting when following the steps outlined above is:

[12/16/2020 4:31:08 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]:259: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

Talyn
December 16th, 2020, 17:34
In addition to the script error, the dice tower also does not "highlight" possibly indicating it doesn't even know it should accept table drops?

superteddy57
December 16th, 2020, 18:39
Thanks for the report, will be passed along to developer.

Ikael
December 28th, 2020, 14:09
Thanks for the report. I am able to reproduce the issue. However, due to legacy dice tower has its own quirks in Savage Worlds ruleset and it is very low on TODO priority list. I will see what I can do about this but after several other cases are solved first.