PDA

View Full Version : Lots of tokens on map crashes FG

richvalle
May 29th, 2007, 16:16
I'm able to get FG to crash on startup in a reliable mannor.

I have a largish map (about 500k I think) and its masked. Drop on about 50 or so tokens. Exit FG. When you go to restart FG it will crash saying FG.exe caused an error.

To fix go in and remove some of the tokens from the tokens directory and FG will start up as normal (without those tokens on the map though).

I also noted that FG seems to be preloading images or something... the amount of memory taken up by FG when it starts up is about 150 megs for that campaign. A fresh campaign is 87 megs. When Fg crashed it was just short of 150 megs which might be some limit.

rv

Valarian
May 29th, 2007, 16:20
You had 50 tokens on a map!?!

richvalle
May 29th, 2007, 16:45
You had 50 tokens on a map!?!

And I wasn't even close to being done. :)

WLD... players heading into a region that is controlled by Demons. Lots of Demons. Most of them have telepathy and call for help when it hits the fan so the area is very reactive to the characters actions. I wanted to drop all the tokens onto the map so I can see where everything is. I could move patrols around and bring in guys from nearby rooms when a fight breaks out.

There would probably be about 100 tokens on the map when I was done (as a rough guess).

rv

Griogre
May 29th, 2007, 18:05
Hmm, good to know about the crash - I have been thinking about preloading some RA maps with tokens and I would have a bunch too.

richvalle
May 29th, 2007, 18:27
Yeah, its why I posted here (I had traded emails with the devs).

Just as important is how to recover. I thought I was seriously screwed when FG refused to load again. I spent a lot of time removing/renaming FG files, removing images, editing XLM to remove the new stuff I added.

I was just happy to get FG working again before my Thursday night game. I can run the game without all the tokens on it... CAN'T when FG crashes on startup! :)

rv

Goblin-King
May 30th, 2007, 07:27
Thanks for the info, going to investigate.