PDA

View Full Version : Player access to libary item NOT owned by the GM

rob2e
December 16th, 2020, 03:58
This functionality was removed. Do we know why?

It seems a necessary function for a player to be able to access an owned item that their GM doesn't own.

Edit: Also, WHY CAN'T YOU EDIT FORUM TITLES! I do know how to spell the word "the" but I am not a good typer.

Kelrugem
December 16th, 2020, 04:29
As far as I know this functionality is still there.

When it is about FGU (because there it didn't work for some while) and you accidentally posted in the FGC support, then see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes_v4.html , patch notes for 4.0.2, which lists that it should work already again

EDIT: About what module are you speaking about?

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2020, 06:16
I'm tempted to leave the title as is; because then I can taunt Rob. :)

The GM owns all content. Players can only see records that they own, or have been shared with them. It has always been that way.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2020, 09:37
I think maybe MW was referring to the 'abcess' more than the 'teh'; or maybe both. Anyway more amusement :)

Trenloe
December 16th, 2020, 10:26
For FG Classic the functionality is now the same as it is in Unity. Once a player joins, the GM will see modules that the player has (for the same ruleset) in their library module activation screen - a little web icon will show that it's owned by a player. The GM can then give access to the module in the usual way (change the red X to a green tick/check).

Kelrugem
December 16th, 2020, 14:15
I think maybe MW was referring to the 'abcess' more than the 'teh'; or maybe both. Anyway more amusement :)

I didn't even see that typo in abcess until now after reading your answer :D

LordEntrails
December 16th, 2020, 19:34
Maybe Rob should see a dentist for the abcess? Or a speech pathologist?