PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve 5E D&D one shot (Jan 31st 2020 @ 6 p.m. UTC-5) for 6 hours

spoofer
December 16th, 2020, 00:15
New Year's Eve One Shot ***FULL***

We are now full. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

New Year's Eve 5E D&D one shot (Dec. 31st 2020 @ 6 p.m. UTC-5, New York time zone) for 6 hours

All of my plans have been cancelled and I am a prisoner in my own house with nothing to do. I am sure that I am not the only in this situation. Let's ring in the new year together!! (Actually, it will be the morning of the 1st for me personally, but if anyone should be wide awake sipping coffee, that should be the DM.)

We will play a one shot game. I will run anything. I am open to suggestions, or I will choose a tier two adventure (levels 5 to 10) from DM's Guild. I have some in mind already.

Game Details
GM License: Ultimate (players can join with free Demo version)
Rule set: D&D 5E
Campaign Type: One-Shot
Campaign Length: 1 session
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes (headset recommended), Discord
Cost: free

Number of players wanted: four
Player Experience Level: Any
GM Experience Level: High
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: High
Role playing Level: Low
Combat Level: High
Puzzle Level: Medium
Mature Content (18+): Yes (perhaps some of you will be drinking?)

OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: TBA
Character Restrictions: anything official ok, I can provide a pre-gen character if desired

Please post below if you want to join.

spoofer
December 16th, 2020, 22:53
Something like this would be perfect. The author says it will take about 5 hours, and it is for level 10 characters.

The Fall of Cyrog
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/319821/The-Fall-of-Cyrog-Fantasy-Grounds

dentarthurdent
December 18th, 2020, 07:11
I am interested. I've just gotten back into the game and have played one module on FG. Open to whatever character is needed.

spoofer
December 18th, 2020, 07:18
I am interested. I've just gotten back into the game and have played one module on FG. Open to whatever character is needed.

Awesome! Let's see who else shows up, then hammer out some details.

MicBoga
December 18th, 2020, 11:55
Hello, First time here on FGU do you accept new comers?
Thank you

spoofer
December 18th, 2020, 13:15
Hello, First time here on FGU do you accept new comers?
Thank you

I see a theme here! New! New players and a New Year! OK, let's do that. It will be my pleasure to run an introductory style game. Maybe we should play something a bit lower level then. 5th level is a really sweet spot in 5th edition. That is when wizards get fireball. :D
I will take a look at see what I can find.

spoofer
December 23rd, 2020, 22:01
Hi all,

I am watching and waiting to see if players join. It looks like there might not be others. If you two are still eager to play, then please respond with a message telling me what you would like to do. Some possibilities are a low level adventure, a mid level adventure, a lesson on combat, and a lesson on effects. I am happy to do whatever you want me to do. I will run the event if I get two participants. Otherwise, I will pull the plug and plan to do something else at that time.

Darce
December 24th, 2020, 18:43
I should be free to play New Years'. Are there any seats open still?

SmoothHenry
December 24th, 2020, 22:41
Same. Any seats left?

spoofer
December 24th, 2020, 22:44
Darce,

Yes! In fact you are player #2. I really want at least two players. So if you join us, we will have a quorum. I have not yet picked the adventure yet. There are so many good options. Maybe you can help me narrow it down. What do you like?
low level? higher level?
long combats?
interacting and conversing?
gonzo humor, light weight game?
puzzles, traps?

spoofer
December 24th, 2020, 22:45
I am going to close the recruitment, pick the adventure, and move us to Discord in another day or two. Meanwhile, I am wondering if you guys can show up with characters ready to go (including the effects on the action tab) or if you need help with that.

spoofer
December 24th, 2020, 22:47
Wow! Smooth Henry responded while I was posting! Cool. You are our third player if you join us. Please join!

SmoothHenry
December 26th, 2020, 04:40
Discord up yet ? I can show up with char premade but need a few info on what's allowed/what's not.

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 05:58
I am waiting for people to respond to my questions. I guess it is not going to happen, so I will kick this off.
We will play an mini dungeon crawl with both traps and combat. Please make a standard 27 point buy 4th level character with any non-magical items that you want.
For the purposes of this one shot, feel free to use any official material. Any race ok. I will make a small pool of magic items for the party to split up at the start.

Discord invite: https://discord.gg/KJHpS3qSAp

Sir Bluto of Faber
December 26th, 2020, 16:05
I have played D&D 3.5 and 5e along with pathfinder 1e. BUT I have no FG UNITY experience though I own the full license. I'll be any character you need.

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 22:19
I have played D&D 3.5 and 5e along with pathfinder 1e. BUT I have no FG UNITY experience though I own the full license. I'll be any character you need.

I see you responded on Discord. That makes you player number two.

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 22:20
Still looking for two more players at this point in time. (People are not confirming.)

DM_Brian
December 26th, 2020, 22:26
I have played D&D before, but never on FG - just got it for Xmas and have unity - built one character. Still learning FG, but willing to dive in. Enrolled in FG college too. Have discord too.

Willing to accept another Noob?

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 22:27
Yes!

DM_Brian
December 26th, 2020, 22:30
Awesome ! I will try and learn as much as I can before then. And connect via Discord before then.

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 22:32
Awesome ! I will try and learn as much as I can before then. And connect via Discord before then.

Say hi on Discord to reserve your spot. That is like "registering". I am Kevin.

spoofer
December 26th, 2020, 23:19
Still room for one more.

TheWizArdTim
December 27th, 2020, 07:24
I started playing Pathfinder and DnD abouteight years ago and have dwindled off from playing regularly in person games. Never played on FGU before and am wanting to get my chops back so to speak. I'm Down for sure I work overnights by myself 7pm-7am so i have plenty of time to invest.

spoofer
December 27th, 2020, 07:55
I started playing Pathfinder and DnD abouteight years ago and have dwindled off from playing regularly in person games. Never played on FGU before and am wanting to get my chops back so to speak. I'm Down for sure I work overnights by myself 7pm-7am so i have plenty of time to invest.

Demo version is fine. Drop by Discord and leave a message. That is how you sign up.

TheWizArdTim
December 27th, 2020, 08:07
Demo version is fine. Drop by Discord and leave a message. That is how you sign up.

Right so I've downloaded discord how do I find you or the group? Is there a link? Or what is your username and #?

TheWizArdTim
December 27th, 2020, 08:10
The link you shared is invalid or expired it says...

spoofer
December 27th, 2020, 08:23
OK.
Try this one...
https://discord.gg/4fDyRKAa

STURM RUGERHAWK
December 28th, 2020, 16:31
i am interested what time would it be in EST. i am confused about this utc stuff lol

Sir Bluto of Faber
December 28th, 2020, 16:35
I think for the est it's minus five of gmt so if it starts at 6 for you it would be 1. BUT DOUBLE CHECK with the guy running it. I am new to all this too

SmoothHenry
December 28th, 2020, 17:38
For North American Timezones:
Eastern -5 ex: 6pm
Then in
Central -6 it would be: 5pm
Mountain -7 it would be: 4pm
Pacific -8 it would be: 3pm
Alaska -9 it would be: 2pm
Hawaii -10 it would be: 1pm

Other:
Japan +9 it would be: 11am

As an example if you are in pacific tz. You know eastern is -5 and pacific is -8. Think of it as if you need to move from -5 to -8. Then you need to "add" -3.

Eastern + X = Pacific, (-5)+(-3)=-8, x= -3. So 3am in eastern is midnight in pacific.

On the other hand Japan is +9. So eastern to Japan is (-5) + x = (+9), or x= +14 hours ahead of eastern. So 6pm on Saturday is 11am on Sunday for Spoofer. He will already be in the New Year and we will try to catch up with him.

Sir Bluto of Faber
December 28th, 2020, 19:14
So 6p.m EST on Thursday the 31st ?

spoofer
December 29th, 2020, 00:11
So 6p.m EST on Thursday the 31st ?

Yes, that is my intention. But I sometimes get confused too and show up an hour late. :)

spoofer
December 29th, 2020, 00:13
Discord link good for 24 hours
https://discord.gg/ZU4ZqkNx

Sir Bluto of Faber
December 29th, 2020, 00:20
Thanks I didn't know till I looked it up that GMT was UTC by another name. Then there was some algebra but I ain't no good at it no how and that further confused me. Thanks for clearing it up.

spoofer
December 29th, 2020, 00:23
No problem.
I will not be late this time. I literally have nothing else to do at that time, and I am looking forward to running the game.

Mikenelson28
December 29th, 2020, 00:32
I would be interested if you have the room

spoofer
December 29th, 2020, 01:27
I would be interested if you have the room

Sure. You will be player #5. There is always a chance someone will not show, leaving four. And if everyone shows, five is fine too.
Do you see the discord link I posted a few messages back?
Please post a message in Discord stating your name and what you want to play.
Check the pinned messages for a list of characters.