PDA

View Full Version : Observer

Sojourner
May 29th, 2007, 15:57
Howdy all!

I was wondering if anyone is having a game coming up that I can jump in on as an observer to see how FG rolls before hosting my own games. I own a full copy and a bunch of baby copies so I have my own licenses. I just want to see how the different portions work "in action" so to speak but I don't want to interfere with anyone's games in progress.

Thanks!!

Jim

Valarian
May 29th, 2007, 16:18
Hi, welcome to the community. It may help to know what time zone you are in, and what sort of game you are planning to run. If the times are compatible, I could run a quick demo for you. My next game session isn't until 10th June, and is still on version 1 of FG.

Sojourner
June 6th, 2007, 14:37
Sorry for late reply. I'm in the military and sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day :)

I'm sitting on the East coast (zulu -5) at the moment. I have been running D&D since the 70's and have worked with screenmonkey in the past so I have a little online experience. I just like the look of this better.

I am currenty on the newer version but I think the older still remains installed (haven't seen my cpu in a bit but sooooon my preciousssss)

Jim

Toadwart
June 6th, 2007, 20:38
Not quite the same as a real session but you can also try things out locally. Just fire up FG nad host a game. Then fire up another copy of FG and connect as a player (to the IP address shown when you started the host, and with a different username)
Now you can swap between host/player and see the interaction from both sides.

NymTevlyn
June 6th, 2007, 20:42
Not quite the same as a real session but you can also try things out locally. Just fire up FG nad host a game. Then fire up another copy of FG and connect as a player (to the IP address shown when you started the host, and with a different username)
Now you can swap between host/player and see the interaction from both sides.
No, you can't. Conflicting serial keys.

Mellock
June 6th, 2007, 21:13
No, you can't. Conflicting serial keys.

Odd, it works for me. NymTevlyn, doesn't it even work for you when your IP is 127.0.0.1?

I did try it over the lan, using two different pc's, and that gave a conflict. (Which is a shame, because I would've liked having my laptop next to my regular pc and have tested like that, but hey...)

NymTevlyn
June 6th, 2007, 21:53
Ah, I didn't think to connect via 127 and such. Guess it does work. =)