PDA

View Full Version : Module maps not resizing

Callum
May 29th, 2007, 10:33
I've found a weird little bug. I realised that a couple of the maps in one of my modules were in the wrong orientation, so I rotated them by 90 degrees and then re-exported the module. They now display correctly in the module itself, but when I open the maps in my overall campaign (which has the module activated), the map frame is the old orientation (portrait), with the image in the new orientation (landscape), but stretched to fit the height of the frame.

I can't get them to display correctly, no matter what I try. I even made a version of the module without the maps, activated that in the campaign, then made a new version of the module with the correct maps and activated that - but they still display wrong in the campaign.

TarynWinterblade
May 29th, 2007, 13:47
That's probably an issue caused by the CampaignRegistry storing the height / width of the original version of the image and then resetting the size based on it's stored value.

Check CampaignRegistry.lua and look for: windowpositions, imagewindow, and then image.<image node> (you'll probably have to cross reference db.xml to find out which node it is, since image.id-00001 doesn't mean much when looking for a specific picture :))

Or, to simply reset the position of all windows (and the combat tracker), just delete CampaignRegistry.lua

Griogre
May 29th, 2007, 18:03
Simply closing and opening the module in you campaign after you make a change to the module may help also.

Callum
May 31st, 2007, 14:29
Check CampaignRegistry.lua and look for: windowpositions, imagewindow, and then image.<image node> (you'll probably have to cross reference db.xml to find out which node it is, since image.id-00001 doesn't mean much when looking for a specific picture :))
I painstakingly went through CampaignRegistry.lua and db.xml in the module campaign and removed every instance of the images. I also looked in these files in the overall campaign, but couldn't find any reference to the troublesome images. I then re-exported the module, re-opened the overall campaign, closed and opened the module - and had exactly the same problem!

But then I went back and looked in CampaignRegistry.lua in the overall campaign, where I found the entries for the images @ the module - so I deleted those, and it all worked fine! Thanks for the help.