PDA

View Full Version : Patched FGU 4.0.4 and my campaign folder wiped out

Marcus Siew
December 15th, 2020, 10:36
Hi,

No idea why today there was an extensive patching, I always checked and if got update will be patched everyday. However, today there was an extensive patching done.

After patching, my campaign folder is empty !!!! Damn, all my stuffs are gone, including other stuffs placed inside that data directory.

My data directory is pointing to my own designated folder and not using the suggested directory.

Argh....

Weissrolf
December 15th, 2020, 10:44
No backup then? My data folder is backed up twice, via regular local backups and by being placed in a cloud folder (Onedrive/Dropbox) that allows to undo deletes (versioning).

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2020, 10:48
Patches don't affect your data folder in any way and the 4.0.4 patch is no different. In addition to client patches there would also have been patches to modules you own. Since 4.0.4 came out a couple of weeks ago you'll have had two module patches in that time as well. If everything patched then probably the data directory got changed in some way and a new data folder has been created and your modules etc have been installed to there.

It sounds like some kind of permissions issue is at play here or possibly your anti virus software is interfering.

At any rate your data should still be somewhere on your hard drive. Make sure also you don't have two installations of FGU.

Marcus Siew
December 15th, 2020, 10:49
Ops......False alarm....think I did some housekeeping and moved my data directory, damn....

Sorry folks...

Meant to delete this thread, but somehow I cant....