PDA

View Full Version : Inbuilt Ruler system

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 04:58
Have they added, or do they plan to add a ruler system? I know that if you create a pointer you can change it's length as you wish but creating a pointer is slow and you would have to leave the pointer on the map to use it without creating a new one, I'm talking about dragging your token and then holding alt or ctrl and having a measurement between where you picked the token up and where you are hovering it over, or to be able to do the same by clicking while holding alt or ctrl and dragging.

They may have added this as a feature and I wasn't aware, but if not, do they plan to add it?

Sulimo
December 15th, 2020, 05:12
Have you tried the new Token Locking (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640805/Token+Locking+-+GM+Approved+Player+Movement)?

ddavison
December 15th, 2020, 05:12
You can just lock tokens to see movement distances.

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 05:28
Okay, is there any way to use the same measuring feature without having to use token lock? Or is there any way for the DM to use this feature? And is there a way of using this feature independantly of tokens?

ddavison
December 15th, 2020, 05:30
See the section on GM movement. Hold ALT when you start your drag or when you move with arrow keys.

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 05:41
And is there a way of doing this without token lock?

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2020, 05:50
You can draw an arrow pointer to measure distances without tokens.

Regards,
JPG

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 05:56
Yes, I know about pointers, but the pointers are annoying to use, I was wondering if there was basically the same measuring tool as the token lock, as in just holding alt and dragging your mouse to create a ruler without the need of creating a pointer by going through all the menus.

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2020, 05:57
No, those are the options that are available for measuring (token planned movement (via locking) or arrow pointers).

Regards,
JPG

Sulimo
December 15th, 2020, 05:59
You don't have to go through menus to get to the pointers.

Press and hold both left and right mouse buttons at the same time to create a pointer.

Use CRTL as well to create a circle. ALT to create a cone. Shift to create a square.

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 05:59
Are there any plans to add in that kind of measuring?

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 06:02
Ah, that is a quick way to create pointers, but it doesn't remove all of the annoyance of using them, I would still have to go through the menus to delete it and it isn't particularly smooth to move around.

Dire Weasel
December 15th, 2020, 06:15
I would still have to go through the menus to delete it

Click both left and right mouse buttons at the same time to remove your pointer.

SoloJoke
December 15th, 2020, 06:17
Alright, well that makes it a lot easier, and that is probably what I will be using until some kind of dedicated ruler system gets added, thanks!