PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dice Results ?

Laerun
December 14th, 2020, 17:23
I was testing the dice coding and this code does not work: /die 2d8r2e7. This is from the FG guide, what it is supposed to do is roll 2d8, reroll any result of 2 or lower and explode (roll anther die to add to the total for any result of 7 or greater). From the look of it, the 2nd part of the statement gets ignored. For example, if you switch the coding and put /die 2d8e7r2, you will explode on 7+ but not reroll any 2 or lower. If you go with the original way it is set up it will reroll all 2 or lower but not explode any 7 or greater."

The example is at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640101/Rolling+Dice.

LordEntrails
December 14th, 2020, 18:23
You posted in FGC House of Healing. Did you mean to post in FGU? Pretty sure FGC does not support dice expressions :)

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 22:09
Thanks for reporting. I have another report of multiple die modes not working in conjunction that I'm tracking as well.

Regards,
JPG

damned
December 14th, 2020, 22:57
Hi Moon Wizard

While looking at the Dice engine could you consider the following:

Exploding Dice that explode negatively as well.

example: d10
result: 10 roll again and keep both values (10,5 = 15, 10,10,5 = 25, 10,1 = 11)
result: 2-9 keep value
result: 1 roll again if its the first 1 - the new roll is subtracted from the initial result (1) and no further explosions (1,5 = -4, 1,10 = -9, 1,1 = 0)

Kelrugem
December 15th, 2020, 00:07
I have found a similar problem of "two modes" not working well with another, I thought it may fit here: One gets a problem with a negative die and the reroll mechanism:

For example take /die -1d10r1, this is a negative d10, but when it rerolls any 1, then the new result will not have a negative sign, resulting to that the result is positive instead (so, a rolled 2 would be a -2 normally, but when it rerolls a 1 as a 2, then the result is a +2 instead of the expected -2 :)

Hence, it seems the the negative sign is forgotten after the reroll :) (but of course an edge case :) )