PDA

View Full Version : OMG! What have I been missing?!

NymTevlyn
May 29th, 2007, 06:02
I'm right now playing my first D&D game through the Fantasy Grounds software. Hot diggity dawg! The map, the tokens, the character sheet... the built in libraries. Wow. It's amazing. I've had the FG I software for nearly a year now and just never got around to using it.

Now that I have, I can honestly say I'm going to hate playing my regular irc D&D games. Maybe I can convince my group to pitch in for the software some day. ^_~ Now if I could only figure out how to get the damned thing to let me host a game. ;_; ::sniffles::

lucyanor
June 1st, 2007, 13:48
Glad you discovered the pleasure most of us have been enjoying...
Ok, to host a game you need a Full licence. This will provide you with a host a game option when you launch the FGII executable.

richvalle
June 1st, 2007, 14:01
He had problems with getting the hosting stuff to work but him getting a static ip fixed them.

He has now joined the ranks of the converted. :)

rv

Griogre
June 1st, 2007, 20:13
Converted, assimilated... it's all good. ;)

Kalan
June 1st, 2007, 20:32
Resistance is futile. We are Borg.

NymTevlyn
June 1st, 2007, 20:49
I bought the full license cause I always knew I'd want to DM a campaign using it someday, just never tried too hard to find a game at the time. Had plenty of other things keeping me busy. Now I'm working on creating all the stuff for my first sessions. ^_^

Griogre
June 1st, 2007, 22:19
I learned a great deal from converting a WoTC module off their site. I picked a small first level one and went through and tried to convert it to FG pretty literally.