PDA

View Full Version : Dropping items in parcels busted since last patch

SilentRuin
December 13th, 2020, 22:34
FALSE ALARM - I think something changed in FGU that made something work that didn't used to work and exposed a bug in an extension. Ignore.

Just verified what someone mentioned in FG discord - I can't drop any item from items list into a parcel any more.

Very easily duplicated. But it may be extension related so I'm double checking it now.

SilentRuin
December 13th, 2020, 22:45
Just verified what someone mentioned in FG discord - I can't drop any item from items list into a parcel any more.

Very easily duplicated. But it may be extension related so I'm double checking it now.

Deleting all my parcels (existing) and creating new ones from scratch and the problem is gone. I KNOW I saw it consistently not able to drop items into parcels. Went to a different empty test campaign with no parcels or extensions and it worked. Added in all extensions I had in other campaign that did not work - and it worked.
Went to old campaign - deleted old parcels - added new one - and it worked.

I have absolutely no clue what was happening. But based on someone else having seen this - which made me test it - I know SOMETHING was happening. Just not sure what.

SilentRuin
December 13th, 2020, 22:53
Deleting all my parcels (existing) and creating new ones from scratch and the problem is gone. I KNOW I saw it consistently not able to drop items into parcels. Went to a different empty test campaign with no parcels or extensions and it worked. Added in all extensions I had in other campaign that did not work - and it worked.
Went to old campaign - deleted old parcels - added new one - and it worked.

I have absolutely no clue what was happening. But based on someone else having seen this - which made me test it - I know SOMETHING was happening. Just not sure what.

Solved it. Since last patch any parcel that has an icon in map representing it will now not allow any new items to be dropped in it - even if it is unlocked. Basically, Map Parcels Extension which allows a map item to be dropped into the map somehow is now disabling the drop of items into the parcel.

I guess I need to know if this is going to be fixed or I have to somehow figure out how it was busted and fix it myself.

SilentRuin
December 13th, 2020, 23:02
Solved it. Since last patch any parcel that has an icon in map representing it will now not allow any new items to be dropped in it - even if it is unlocked. Basically, Map Parcels Extension which allows a map item to be dropped into the map somehow is now disabling the drop of items into the parcel.

I guess I need to know if this is going to be fixed or I have to somehow figure out how it was busted and fix it myself.

Ugh - even weirder now - if the "locked button" on map parcels is on - and its in the map - then it won't let anything be added into it. If the locked button is turned off - then it will allow host to put things into the parcel - if its not in the map it will not care what the lock button status is and will allow things to be put in map. I suspect some low level check in FGU that was not being applied - is now being applied. And I'll have to figure it out myself.