PDA

View Full Version : LFDM to Run Long-Term 5E Campaign Using Modules, Willing to Pay

Rogich
December 13th, 2020, 18:22
I've had a thought in mind for some time now that I've never seen offered anywhere before. My idea is to take all of the official, published 5E content and string it together in a very long-term, continuing campaign. I envision taking all the official 5E modules (including Tales from the Yawning Portal and Ghosts of Saltmarsh), adding in the Adventurers League content (including the Factions mechanics/quests/boons) and linking them together with supplemental material provided by the DM to create one big story centered on the PCs' heroes.

I understand that this is HUGE request so I'm hoping to find an experienced DM able and willing to tell a good story while improvising and creating content in between and interweaved in the official written content so it all makes sense and to compensate for those modules/parts of modules that aren't that fun as written. I appreciate that this is a ton of work for someone to do and I'm not even sure how it would work mechanically with the 5E ruleset, but I'd be happy to discuss it with someone willing to take up the charge.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Right now my availability is limited so I'm thinking of running this on Sunday afternoons, preferably between 1PM and 5PM EST either weekly or bi-monthly.
2. This is merely an idea in my head so we would need to recruit 3-5 other players who would be willing to experience this with me.
3. I am willing to pay for this experience and would be happy to discuss specifics on price with anyone who responds (I presume that the other players would be expected to pay as well).
4. I'm hoping to find a DM who is available consistently and ready, willing, and able to see this through over the long haul. I'm also hoping to find a DM proficient enough with the FG software to use it to its fullest potential, automating as much possible and taking advantage of the new bells and whistles in the Unity client. Finally, the DM should be a good story teller able to improvise on the fly in response to the actions of the party and able to use or create supplemental material to counteract less fun aspects of the modules and to create a contiguous story around the PCs.

My request comes from difficulty finding a seat at a table during my availability and fatigue and frustration over groups falling apart or DMs quitting after only a few sessions. My hope is that financial compensation would incentivize everyone to stick together and see this through to a conclusion.

I'd be happy to discuss details at more length with anyone. Feel free to reach out to me here with a PM or on Discord at Rogich#4211.

Thanks.

Note: This is a reposting from several months ago. The DM who agreed to run this campaign recently informed us that due to a change in life circumstances, he would no longer be able to run this campaign. I'm willing to restart from scratch with a new DM.

Rev73
December 13th, 2020, 23:59
That's exactly the time slot I'm hoping to find a 5e game for and this sounds like a dream. Please let me know if it moves forward and I'll watch this thread.

Rev73
December 14th, 2020, 00:01
I've been in touch with some GMs that might be interested in taking a paid gig as well.

Rogich
December 14th, 2020, 00:42
I already have an interested DM but we need to fill the group. The DM is doing some recruiting of his own but if you're interested in a seat as a player, please reach out ASAP for details. Thanks.

dearestleader
December 14th, 2020, 19:24
Hello all players. We are now setup on StartPlaying. If you wish to reserve a seat please visit
https://startplaying.games/join-campaign/tour-of-faerun-1486---present-1607964403482x722097155182952400

Then click Request to Join Campaign.