PDA

View Full Version : FGU power saving suggestions

Boldtaar
December 13th, 2020, 14:05
Make FGU (host) stop Windows from entering sleeping/Hibernation when its running.
Maybe this can be easily accomplish by making Windows think FGU is a Multimedia application?

Weissrolf
December 13th, 2020, 16:54
More importantly FGU (Unity) causes the Windows system timer precision to be increased from 15.625 ms to 1 ms. That being said, Teamspeak and Discord do the same, so once you use voice chat it does not make so much of a difference anymore (but could with newest W10 versions).

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 01:09
@Boldtaar,
I haven't seen anything like that in the Unity application engine to control that; but I haven't specifically researched. A quick search only returned a setting for mobile devices; not for PC applications. All the other results pointed to how to disable hibernation in the OS.

@Weissrolf,
Please stop hijacking thread to bring up ancillary thoughts that you feel are important or related, but not directly related to the topic.

Regards,
JPG

Weissrolf
December 14th, 2020, 01:43
I misread the thread title as Boldtaar wanting to save more power during use. Sorry for that. I know understand that he wants the computer to enter standby/hibernation, which FGU seems to prevent?!

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 03:48
Actually, he wants FGU to prevent hibernation and it does not; according to how I read the original post.

JPG

Willot
December 14th, 2020, 06:20
Make FGU (host) stop Windows from entering sleeping/Hibernation when its running.
Maybe this can be easily accomplish by making Windows think FGU is a Multimedia application?

I wonder if you are playing over discord or teamspeak would either of these programs stop the computer from going to sleep?

Weissrolf
December 14th, 2020, 11:17
On my Windows 10 1903 FGU (already) does not even allow the display to be turned off automatically, even less so for the computer to automatically go into standby. I specifically tested both with and without FGU running.

damned
December 15th, 2020, 02:27
My display turns off according to power saving settings but does not sleep.
This is with or without FGU running.