PDA

View Full Version : New Bug - Tokens split in to two FGU

dellanx
December 13th, 2020, 05:21
PFRPG
FGU
During game moving enemy tokens and the tokens split into two. Token sticks to the cursor. Players can't target enemies. Lag, etc. etc. New update seems to be the problem?

p.s. Did not see this last Saturday.

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 01:21
Can you get this to happen every time?
Is there a specific set of steps that can get it to happen?
Are you running any extensions that might delete/swap tokens?

Regards,
JPG

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 02:04
Can you get this to happen every time?
Is there a specific set of steps that can get it to happen?
Are you running any extensions that might delete/swap tokens?

Regards,
JPG

I updated all extensions and eliminated one or two. I will try to duplicate, and here it is. I loaded 40 enemies, things got slow. When I went to move one, its ghost image got stuck to my cursor.

I have included the 41973. The host and the respective token marked with a red circle.

LordEntrails
December 14th, 2020, 02:08
I updated all extensions and eliminated one or two. I will try to duplicate.
How about you try with NO extensions. Then turn them on one or two at a time and then you can notify the extension author if they are the ones that need to make the fix?

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 03:11
How about you try with NO extensions. Then turn them on one or two at a time and then you can notify the extension author if they are the ones that need to make the fix?

No extensions loaded, one of the symptoms. PC character pages load slowly.

Page loads slowly.

I will look at extensions. Thanks

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 03:21

No extensions laded. Same symptom.

Loaded 40 tokens on map. Tried to move one. The token and its ghosts are circled in red.

Kelrugem
December 14th, 2020, 03:22
I think it can be a combination of everything, also of the capatibility of the own computer; 40 NPCs are not few, and that are not just CR1 NPCs when I see it correctly, so, a lot of information to for FG to work with, even more when extensions add more information. I just tested without extensions: Adding 80 CR 29 NPCs slows things down a lot, but that is somewhat expected. (Though I could not reproduce the ghosting issue, also not with my extensions; maybe some other extension, or my computer can it handle better or something like that) (yeah, I know was an extreme encounter example :D)

I know that you run very high level stuff at the moment, dellanx; the problem with FG is that high-level means a lot of information for FG, especially effects. I would expect slowdowns in such a field. But I hope that FGU's performance can be improved in that regard :)

(When I have more time again, I want to write an extension for 3.5e/PF1, which adds a bit more context-sensitivity to the effects system to improve its performance, avoiding that all effects are scanned all the time, although defensive effects should be ignored when you search for ATK for example; but no idea whether this works out :D)

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 03:31
I think it can be a combination of everything, also of the capatibility of the own computer; 40 NPCs are not few, and that are not just CR1 NPCs when I see it correctly, so, a lot of information to for FG to work with, even more when extensions add more information. I just tested without extensions: Adding 80 CR 29 NPCs slows things down a lot, but that is somewhat expected. (Though I could not reproduce the ghosting issue, also not with my extensions; maybe some other extension, or my computer can it handle better or something like that) (yeah, I know was an extreme encounter example :D)

I know that you run very high level stuff at the moment, dellanx; the problem with FG is that high-level means a lot of information for FG, especially effects. I would expect slowdowns in such a field. But I hope that FGU's performance can be improved in that regard :)

(When I have more time again, I want to write an extension for 3.5e/PF1, which adds a bit more context-sensitivity to the effects system to improve its performance, avoiding that all effects are scanned all the time, although defensive effects should be ignored when you search for ATK for example; but no idea whether this works out :D)

Thanks Kelrugem. I have ran large encounters in FGC, close to 40+ NPCs. During my last game I restricted it to less then 10 enemy NPCs, seemed to work. At least it is good to know it is extension independent. Also a few weeks ago I rans some 20+ NPC encounters with all extensions loaded and I had no problems.

Also thought it was my anti-malware, it is not.

Whatever is happening it extension independent.

celestian
December 14th, 2020, 03:49
PFRPG
FGU
During game moving enemy tokens and the tokens split into two. Token sticks to the cursor. Players can't target enemies. Lag, etc. etc. New update seems to be the problem?

p.s. Did not see this last Saturday.

I've had the same issue in the 2E ruleset. It's not something I can reproduce but it seems to occur when the system "lags" while moving a token on the map by click/dragging it. Beyond that I can't say exactly what the cause is.

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 03:55
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. Ruling out items one by one helped solve this. The issues are as follows:

1. Loading 40 NPCs on top of the 7 PC and 2 NPC familiars seems to be pushing it.
2. The NPC I loaded was an old NPC that had some complexity in the attack block.
3. I checked Atk block in this NPC said:

bite +16 (1d8+7 plus disease or paralysis() or claws +17 (1d6+7 plus paralysis)
bite +16 (1d8+7 plus disease or paralysis) and 2 claws +17 (1d6+7 plus paralysis)

I fixed it to:

bite +16 (1d8+7 plus disease plus paralysis) or claws +17 (1d6+7 plus paralysis)
bite +16 (1d8+7 plus disease plus paralysis) and 2 claws +17 (1d6+7 plus paralysis)

With that fix, the combat tracker is parsing correctly, and the ghost image stuck on the cursor is not re-occurring. As Kelrugem things are a bit slow but it is not crashing.

celestian
December 14th, 2020, 04:06
With that fix, the combat tracker is parsing correctly, and the ghost image stuck on the cursor is not re-occurring. As Kelrugem things are a bit slow but it is not crashing.

I wouldn't call that a fix so much as a work-a-round. FGU shouldn't be displaying holding onto the token and not letting you release during loads. 40 seems like an average section of a large complex to me at least.

I do hope a true fix can sort this out.

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 04:23
I wouldn't call that a fix so much as a work-a-round. FGU shouldn't be displaying holding onto the token and not letting you release during loads. 40 seems like an average section of a large complex to me at least.

I do hope a true fix can sort this out.

I agree. However it is good to know correct attack format. I saw that during the game, that is why I checked it.

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 07:12
It might be that the specific format was causing some sort of condition that triggered an error or performance condition; that is indirectly having an effect on the token situation. I have no idea, but it is good to know. Can I get an export of that NPC (/exportnpc), or a module containing it?

Thanks,
JPG

dellanx
December 14th, 2020, 10:54
It might be that the specific format was causing some sort of condition that triggered an error or performance condition; that is indirectly having an effect on the token situation. I have no idea, but it is good to know. Can I get an export of that NPC (/exportnpc), or a module containing it?

Thanks,
JPG

Here you go.

dellanx
December 20th, 2020, 15:37
Much improvement on all fronts! This issue seems to be fixed. The NPCs and PCs in combat tracker worked really well! Had the party up which is 9 PCs and their companions, and 12 other NPCs up at same time. Thank you Moon Wizard!