PDA

View Full Version : trying 2E AD&D with classic modules, but it's not working

marzeth
December 13th, 2020, 01:04
Hi,

I got excited when I saw all the class modules available, so I bought the 2E books as well as several modules.

But when I create a campaign, even the most basic character creation isn't working.

For example, when I go to select "Race", I get a list of the races, but there is no way to actually select a race!

Similarly with class....I can type in a class name manually, and enter XP, but I do not see any interface to select classes and have all the modifiers, abilities, etc. incorporated automatically.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Or is this just supposed to be a shell where you have to do all the character building and calculations manually?

thanks

damned
December 13th, 2020, 01:10
Roll your attributes and assign
Then drag an drop a race into the charsheet from the races lists
Then do the same for class

I havent used for a while but try that first and see how you go

celestian
December 13th, 2020, 01:14
Hi,

I got excited when I saw all the class modules available, so I bought the 2E books as well as several modules.

But when I create a campaign, even the most basic character creation isn't working.

For example, when I go to select "Race", I get a list of the races, but there is no way to actually select a race!

Similarly with class....I can type in a class name manually, and enter XP, but I do not see any interface to select classes and have all the modifiers, abilities, etc. incorporated automatically.

Am I missing something really obvious?

Or is this just supposed to be a shell where you have to do all the character building and calculations manually?

thanks

I would highly recommend taking one of the FG College classes. They cover things like this for new folks and it really will help get you on the ground running.

In general, items in FG can be drag/dropped into the area you're wanting it.

This is a tiny glimpse into what you can do to get you started in the 2E ruleset.

https://i.imgur.com/i220JYc.gif