PDA

View Full Version : Offhand Toggle Bug

eporrini
December 12th, 2020, 22:26
I've noticed that with the implementation of the new "hands" functionality for 1H/2H/OH weapons, the offhand toggle does not work if the weapon damage modifier type is not set to "base" within the weapon config. This is most notable for anyone using a finesse weapon that would also be 2-w fighting.

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 04:07
That is correct. If you override the damage from Base, then it assumes you want to override the default calculations.

Both Finesse and off-hand ability damage modifiers are handled automatically when set to Base.

Regards,
JPG

eporrini
December 14th, 2020, 04:48
That is correct. If you override the damage from Base, then it assumes you want to override the default calculations.

Both Finesse and off-hand ability damage modifiers are handled automatically when set to Base.

Regards,
JPG

Moon,what I am seeing is that when you add a weapon to your inventory, it looks at finesse and sets "dex" in weapon properties if it's a finesse weapon and your dex is higher than your str. When that occurs, the offhand capability of the weapon no longer works for DAMAGE part of offhand and still adds the full damage bonus for the dex stat in offhand. If I set the weapon to BASE, it uses the STR stat on the character and not dex, even if dex is higher. I am seeing this on a new campaign with no extensions loaded, 5e ruleset. So issue would be adding a finesse weapon onto a dex based character (which sets the toggle to dex for you) and trying to swing offhand, which does not include the stat on the damage of the roll. Happy to share a screenshot if you think it would help.

LordEntrails
December 14th, 2020, 06:15
What ruleset are you running? Sounds like 3.5? Sounds like FG is using the rules from 5E.

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 07:15
How are you adding the weapon to your character? Is it via dragging and dropping the dagger to the Inventory tab? To the Actions tab? Using the character wizard?

The new code should not do the automatic setting of the Dex field, since that was an old hack to handle Finesse. Since you're still seeing it, I'm guessing it might be related to duplicate code (maybe character wizard which is by one of our other script developers). But, I wanted to gather info first.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 07:26
Also, can you post your console.log file; so that we can see what ruleset, extensions, and modules are loaded? (Type /console after loading tabletop; and press Compile Logs button.)

Regards,
JPG

eporrini
December 14th, 2020, 08:53
Issue is reproduceable by dragging the item into the inventory or action tab.

Moon Wizard
December 14th, 2020, 17:58
Ah, I see the issue. I actually have a fix coming tomorrow to address that, so my machine has the updated version of the ruleset code to address that weapon add issue.

Thanks,
JPG