PDA

View Full Version : Problems with table-rolling

Thogrim
December 11th, 2020, 14:45
Hi,

I'm having a problem with a module which consists of tables and linked images. I've made this module quite some time ago in Fantasy Grounds Classic by using the export function and have used it ever since. It worked fine with Unity up until last week or so. Now, I'm experiencing the following issues:
Whenever somebody is rolling on a table, everybody else will roll the same result when rolling on this table. For example, player A rolls 1, player B also rolls 1. Next player a rolls 132, player B also rolls 132.
Some images cannot be opened- there's only a red rectangle with a question mark when trying to open them.
This module contains various maps& images by Paizo (or the german version by Ulisses) which is why I cannot openly share it. If anyone wants to take a closer look, I will gladly share the files via PM.

Zacchaeus
December 11th, 2020, 16:26
The maps not opening suggest that they are not of a type that FG recognises.

Apart from that are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

Thogrim
December 12th, 2020, 01:28
All of the images in the module have been working fine in both FGC and FGU before. I've also used all of the tables in my main-campaign and both versions of FG. Right now the module is not working in a new campaign without extensions (or any other campaign with any other extensions).
All of the images have the same format/ file ending. Some work, some don't. I haven't been able to find a pattern behind that.
Tables which are not part of the module and are created directly in the campaign work fine, even the ones that have been in there for quite some time.

damned
December 12th, 2020, 02:16
Do the tables use dice or random number generation?

Thogrim
December 12th, 2020, 10:03
they emulate card-decks of 52 till 138 cards/numbers. so i think, its random-number-generating.

i just tested it with dice-roll-tables from the module. This tables work fine.

Thogrim
December 13th, 2020, 15:21
I remade part of the module- loaded the images into a new campaign in FGU, created a new table, linked the images to that table and then created a new module with the export function. Loaded that into another campaign without extensions. Same error. However, the same table works just fine when I copy it from the module directly into the campaign. I guess I found a workaround but it feels like an unnecessary step.