PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to sort new spells alphabetically

Wavestone
May 27th, 2007, 20:19
The new spells section in FG II is nice, although I find this behaviour annouying - When entering new spells in a spell list, all new spells adds at the bottom, not alphabetically.

I had to be sure I entered my spells in the order A-Z if I wanted the list to be alphabetical. If I entered a new spell starting, say with a K, then it got to the bottom of the list. BUT! I also discovered how to make sure the new spell was put in its correct alphabetical position.

Here's how. Enter spell as desired, for example a 1st lvl spell, by manually creating an empty row and writing in spell name. (lands at the bottom of the 1st spell level). Next, move the spell to another level by dragging it to the desired level, for example 2nd level (lands alphabetically). Third, drag the spell back to the correct level - it will be at the right position.

Basically, the alphabetic sorting doesnt work for newly entered spells, (in contrast to the equipment list, for example), but works for spells dragged.

Or is it just me that have missed something important here? :confused:

acmer
May 27th, 2007, 20:42
Could it have the same thing as Story notes? If you create Story parts beginning with 1), 2), 3) etc. they are not in numerical order, but exiting and reopening the story book puts them in the right order.

Dachannien
May 27th, 2007, 21:27
It's possible that the spell entry still has focus when you're done entering it. A lot of controls in FG won't update while they still have focus. If this is the case, clicking somewhere outside of that spell entry would cause it to sort.

Griogre
May 27th, 2007, 22:52
One of the real pet peeves people had with the old spell book is that it would "instantly" sort. It would do this while you were still typing so not only would you "lose" the spell you were typing on - you would screw up another spell too. Heaven help you if you rolled you mouse wheel in the wrong place - you could mess up five or six spells. :p Sorry I had to vent a little, I like the way the spell book works now. :)

But to answer your question - you can get your spells to sort properly (this works on the abilities tab too). Just add a blank spell - when you do this all the other spells will sort. Then just delete the line blank line you just added.

Dachannien
May 28th, 2007, 04:28
Heaven help you if you rolled you mouse wheel in the wrong place - you could mess up five or six spells.

LOL, I did that on one of my player's character sheet. Hovered right over the spell level slot without realizing it and tried using the mouse wheel to scroll down the list. It looked kind of like it was scrolling, but also kind of weird, so I didn't realize what was happening until I'd hosed up about half his spell list. :o

Wavestone
June 1st, 2007, 19:58
Seems that the latest patch fixed this problem.. Now newly created spells are sorted correctly. Nice!

And I heartily agree that FG II is a big improvement over FGI regarding the spellsheet. The mentioned scroll wheel autosorting on spell level was a real pain!