PDA

View Full Version : Update removed my .exe

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 05:41
Kinda nervous that I've lost all my campaign settings. What should I do?

The update window crashed when I went to update and now my exe is missing. Not sure how much other data is missing, if any. Easy fix?

Best Regards,
AJ

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 05:55
I tried to copy an exe over from another machine and it said I needed admin rights (which I should have) but never let me copy it in. I'm guessing the updater was still doing something (despite crashing) and it wouldn't let me act. On a hunch, I rebooted and then I was able to copy it. It appears all my campaign info is still there, phew!

Not gonna lie, was a bit scared for a minute. All good now though.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2020, 10:31
Now take a backup of your FG data... :)

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 17:56
I like how you think, do I just copy the whole folder?

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2020, 18:53
Your entire campaign folder, yes. Or you can even backup the entire FG Data folder, except the vault folder, if you want to copy your extensions and third party modules etc.

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 19:05
Thanks! Will do!

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 19:08
To verify (and to help anyone in the future), the folder I want to copy is from:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds

and not from

C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds

Is that right? :)

Edit: not sure why it's adding a space to the first "Fan tasy" path but I can't seem to remove it.

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2020, 23:33
Yes, the first one is the default location for the FG Data folder. It will have the campaign, modules, extension and other sub folders.

The second is the application folder and does not store your game data and can be re-download from the installer anytime.

Diffus3d
December 11th, 2020, 23:37
Thanks so much!