PDA

View Full Version : Resize Character Sheets

Echomikedelta
December 11th, 2020, 02:12
Is there a way to resize the character sheets? When I try nothing happens.

Valyar
December 11th, 2020, 11:05
Character sheets are locked, can't be resized.

pralix1138
December 11th, 2020, 17:50
Unfortunately, no way to resize. I scale the ui and that helps.

MadBeardMan
December 16th, 2020, 16:22
How many people would like this?

pralix1138
December 16th, 2020, 16:39
Honestly, I would like it a bit bigger with the text of the skills a bit larger and the various boxes on the other tabs a bit larger. But if it's a question of priority, it seems low. It's not bad. The one thing I would vote for in terms of functionality are a Relationship Map and/or some sort of Coterie Sheet added to the Party Sheet, even if they're text boxes rather than graphical in nature.

Valyar
December 16th, 2020, 19:17
There are a lot of frames that will get the benefit of being large vertially. I will certainly welcome bigger sheet and larger fonts.

Durzo
December 16th, 2020, 21:38
I have to second the option to resize character sheets.
It is often the only thing I have open during a session, as I play heavy on theater of the mind, and the increased readability would be welcome.

vegaserik
December 17th, 2020, 00:21
Yeah, making them bigger would be nice.

Echomikedelta
December 17th, 2020, 01:32
I would like to be able to make them bigger for sure.

Naurthoron
December 17th, 2020, 07:00
Yes resizing would be nice.

Lensman
December 17th, 2020, 12:47
How many people would like this?

Please give us bigger sheets!

Personally, I find the font size in the entire ruleset to be a bit small and hard to read at times, however I think this is more a limitation of FG not having any means for adjusting fonts or screen size for the visually impaired. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated!

Valyar
December 17th, 2020, 12:55
Also, if there will be update to PC sheets, please make SPC sheets resizable on the vertical, because it is absolutely insane to scroll on the skills frame every time. :) Vertical scrolling on SPC won't ruin the aesthetics, only improve the usability.

Durzo
December 17th, 2020, 13:31
It might also be a good idea to look into the text fields like “Touchstones - Convictions”.
There is not enough space compared to font size, 2-4 words per line makes it almost unusable outside of just writing a name as a reference.

I am hoping the option to resize the character sheet will solve it, if the font size stays the same.

Xarxus
December 18th, 2020, 10:31
To let a window be resizable add this code to the windowclass

<sizelimits>

<minimum width="[min. width]" height="[min height]" />
<dynamic />
</sizelimits>

Remember to set minimal values for width and length.
You have to work on frames and fields too.

For more information look at the CoreRPG code.

MadBeardMan
December 18th, 2020, 10:35
To let a window be resizable add this code to the windowclass

<sizelimits>

<minimum width="[min. width]" height="[min height]" />
<dynamic />
</sizelimits>

Remember to set minimal values for width and length.
You have to work on frames and fields too.

For more information look at the CoreRPG code.

That's a minor thing to add. You need to make sure all the alignments are in place otherwise the window gets bigger but nothing moves! I'll spend some time over the weekend having a look to see how possible all this is.

Cheers,
MBM

Echomikedelta
December 18th, 2020, 13:39
That's a minor thing to add. You need to make sure all the alignments are in place otherwise the window gets bigger but nothing moves! I'll spend some time over the weekend having a look to see how possible all this is.

Cheers,
MBM

Much appreciated! If you can make this happen you will be our hero!!!

pralix1138
December 18th, 2020, 17:43

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks! Cheers!

Echomikedelta
January 5th, 2021, 01:09
So I take it there wont be adjustable sheets from the lack of response.

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2021, 10:22
So I take it there wont be adjustable sheets from the lack of response.

By lack of response from whom?

I've finished having a look at the Character Sheet and it's possible to allow them to be resized. It's a ton of work as things are pixel perfect in many places.

So people need to start saying what they expect to happen if (say) the character sheet could be made wider (and remember all tabs are affected).

Cheers,
MBM

pralix1138
January 5th, 2021, 13:11
By lack of response from whom?

I've finished having a look at the Character Sheet and it's possible to allow them to be resized. It's a ton of work as things are pixel perfect in many places.

So people need to start saying what they expect to happen if (say) the character sheet could be made wider (and remember all tabs are affected).

Cheers,
MBM

I appreciate the work you're doing on this, and if it helps, this is what I would like to see:
1. If the Character Sheet can be resized, I'd like to see the text boxes be resized (Bigger)
2. I'd also like to see the Font size increased slightly in the Skills box, Advantages Box, Disciplines Box, and others that contain Game Mechanic information. (There seems to be a difference in font size in the various boxes.
3. I'd finally like to see these changes carry over into the SPC and Abbreviated SPC character sheets as well. In particular, resizing those so that all of the skills can be seen at one time.

I am including screenshots to (hopefully) help illustrate what I'm talking about.

Thanks again for all the work, sir!

Valyar
January 5th, 2021, 13:25
Abridged & Full SPC definitely need to be resizable vertically and allow the frames that contain the skills & advantages to adjust dynamically.

Echomikedelta
January 5th, 2021, 21:30
Larger text boxes is the main thing for SPC and abbreviated SPC boxes.

Ockin
January 21st, 2021, 21:55
Hey, I just bought vampire today and I'm having a play with it now.

What seems a very obvious issue to me is that both in the dark and light themes the text is impossible to read in some places because it is white on cream. Would it be possible to update these texts to e.g. a dark red or give it a black outline?

I'm sure this would be easy to do myself. Does anyone know what I need to edit? I assume even if I edit this for myself my players will still have the same issue though.

I also agree with the comments above. the SPC's are squashed. I've also found them quite buggy. I can't seem to get the plus symbols to work so I can roll *attribute* + *skill*. Dragging out the token brings up a full working sheet, however it is not filled in. Filling the sheets manually does seem to save, however having to do this for each SCP is unappealing. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

*edit*

I can sort of see how the SCP functions(ish) now (is it meant to be NPC???). The fact that it is squashed is less of an issue if it's just meant to be a basic template that you copy from.

Fear Grounds
January 22nd, 2021, 16:54
Greetings Ockin,

As far as reading the text goes, try adjusting the lighting of the ruleset in the top right corner, the little symbol that looks like a moon and cloud. There are four different lighting modes that should make it easier for you to see and read. THEMES are extensions that change what the ruleset normally looks like, and generally will not function perfectly in all rulesets. You may want to not use any themes, as there are currently no themes designed with VTM in mind specifically.

SPCs do in fact replace NPCs in other rulesets. The included Sample SPCs are indeed "blank" so that you can copy them and turn them into whatever you need them to be. By having the original locked, you are assured to always have a clean copy to build off of.

To roll dice pools for SPCs click the plus sign beside the discipline, advantage, skill that you want to use. Then grab the dice beside the attribute you need, and drag it into the chat box to roll (or you can just double click the attribute die). The player character sheets function the same way in that the attribute dice should always be the "trigger" to get your dice pools to roll.

In VTM we also have reference to a bunch of SPCs that just have general difficulty levels given. In this ruleset these, generic, SPCs are found in the Abbreviated SPC section. Abbreviated SPCs do not use actual dice pools as they are meant for quick encounters or disposable creatures.