PDA

View Full Version : Teeny-tiny, itty-bitty UI

nikgervae
December 11th, 2020, 02:10
I muddled my way through various cryptic error screens, and repeated requests to "initially set up" the app, and multiple udpates of the same material to finally get the game to launch, and the UI and text are...small. Unreadably minuscule. Nigh-microsopic. I've tried clicking the Settings button see if there are graphics settings, but no, it's just account setup, which I've already, inexplicably, had to do three times, and oh, I can have it update the same material yet again.

Question 1: Are there any settings for UI size, screen resolution, or type size so that I can read *any* of the text in this game?

Question 2: Are there going to be any improvements to the setup UI so that I don't wind up repeatedly redoing the same iniitalization and updates of the game? This is silly.

FWIW, I am running Fantasy Grounds on a 2012 MacBook Pro 16" in High Sierra.

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2020, 02:29
MOD: moved to HoH-Unity from Classic. Your screenshots show you are using FGU and not FGC.

1) Yes. In the settings menu there is a "UI Scale" that you can enter a value for (up to 400% I believe). Or in the chat window you can enter the chat command "/scaleui xxx" and enter a value greater than 100 to have the interface scaled up. FG will remember that value so you don't have to adjust it next time.

2) I thought they had made recent changes to the installer to try and recognize Retina displays to pick a different default UI scale to prevent this. Not sure why it didn't recognize it for you.

FWIW, it's because you are using a Retina display that the UI is so small, but the UI Scale option should resolve this for you.

nikgervae
December 11th, 2020, 07:31
MOD: moved to HoH-Unity from Classic. Your screenshots show you are using FGU and not FGC.

Whoops, sorry, i didn't know there was a difference.

1) Yes. In the settings menu there is a "UI Scale" that you can enter a value for (up to 400% I believe). Or in the chat window you can enter the chat command "/scaleui xxx" and enter a value greater than 100 to have the interface scaled up. FG will remember that value so you don't have to adjust it next time.

Ah! I didn't even think to look for such a thing amongst the license & login info.

That did the trick, thanks much!

LordEntrails
December 11th, 2020, 17:33
Glad to help :) Happy gaming!