PDA

View Full Version : Help with importing character

Williamus
December 9th, 2020, 14:41
Hi all,

This is my first post here, so be gentle (haha). I'm trying to set up a campaign for my kids to run in, and they've both created characters in PCGen 6.08.00 RC8. I can export their character files to xml just fine, but when I import them into FGU, their stats, skills, feats..etc are all not transferring. I read around before posting and found reference to a character converter, but I looked in my appdata folder and it's not there. Help?

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2020, 15:16
There isn't a way to import characters into Unity from anything other than a character exported from Classic or created in Unity.

So the best method would be to create a campaign and create the characters directly into the campaign that you'll be running.

And welcome to FG.

Williamus
December 9th, 2020, 15:24
That's unfortunate, but fits with what I was seeing. I suppose I can simply manually transfer the data. I can still transfer the base character file with names and descriptions, so at least there's that

LordEntrails
December 9th, 2020, 15:34
I believe Nylafs is our local PCGen expert. Hopefully he will see this and can tell you what he does.

Williamus
December 9th, 2020, 17:55
I did manage to import parts of the character into FGU from PCGen, but the ability scores, hp, and a few other things did not import.

Jiminimonka
January 31st, 2021, 12:08
There isn't a way to import characters into Unity from anything other than a character exported from Classic or created in Unity.

So the best method would be to create a campaign and create the characters directly into the campaign that you'll be running.

And welcome to FG.

What about .xml characters such as your archetype PC examples?

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2021, 16:06
What about .xml characters such as your archetype PC examples?

Those are .xml files exported from Classic.