PDA

View Full Version : A few problems I can't figure out

Wolfheart
December 8th, 2020, 22:11
Hi all,

so I'm running a D&D / Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign but tonight something weird happened.
When I tried to open anything from the RotF module I got a message that the module isn't loaded. Says something about wanna try and reload? - which doesn't help.
Thing is I *have* the module loaded. I tried unloading and reloading, no fix.
I can open the reference manual, but I can't drag NPCs to the combat tracker or open any links really.

This same evening was my first attempt at using a LoS map - the Black Cabin - it seemed great at first, I plopped the characters down on the map and the LoS seemed to work; characters couldn't see what's behind the outhouse, for example.
But once they moved their tokens onto the stairs and then along the west-facing wall, everything became dark for them. Couldn't see the door, couldn't see the outdoor terrain. So it seemed to work at first but once they got close to the cabin's walls something went wrong.

Could be related to the first problem, of course, no idea. I've tried a few Unity LoS videos on YouTube but they didn't help.

Anyone know what's up? I thought the RotF LoS maps came pre-made?

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2020, 22:33
The module has Ben updated within the last couple of hours so if you update it will fix your first issue. I’m not able to test the second one at the moment.

Wolfheart
December 9th, 2020, 09:50
Thank you, will check right away.

BTW is it "normal" that the FG updater updates so slowly (compared to Classic)? Is there anything I could/should do to speed up this process?

Oh, and if I run a second instance for myself and move their tokens around will I reproduce exactly what they would see if they moved their tokens in a game?

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2020, 10:05
Thank you, will check right away.

BTW is it "normal" that the FG updater updates so slowly (compared to Classic)? Is there anything I could/should do to speed up this process?

Oh, and if I run a second instance for myself and move their tokens around will I reproduce exactly what they would see if they moved their tokens in a game?

I haven't experienced any slowness in the updater (other than my internet is slow and so it takes a while to download anything) - in fact since they updated the updater a few weeks ago it goes like lightning.

And yes, if you start a second instance it will be just like a player has joined your game.