PDA

View Full Version : NPC Damage immunity/resistance in CoC7Ed on FGU

Shapeshifter1923
December 8th, 2020, 21:19
How do I configure NPCs in CoC7ed so that they are correctly damaged by different categories of weapons?
Example
Zombies created by the Cult of the Bloody Tongue are almost entirely immune to impaling weapons (those weapons will only do a max of 1 pt of damage) also other forms of damage are only 50% effective. Currently the way these undead are set up, they have just 1 pt of armour, - not much good against a double-barrelled shotgun! A fact not lost on my players.:cry:

LordEntrails
December 8th, 2020, 21:30
MOD: moved to CoC7 forum. Ruleset specific questions are best asked in the ruleset specific forum. Thanks.

ianmward
December 10th, 2020, 03:55
How do I configure NPCs in CoC7ed so that they are correctly damaged by different categories of weapons?
Example
Zombies created by the Cult of the Bloody Tongue are almost entirely immune to impaling weapons (those weapons will only do a max of 1 pt of damage) also other forms of damage are only 50% effective. Currently the way these undead are set up, they have just 1 pt of armour, - not much good against a double-barrelled shotgun! A fact not lost on my players.:cry:

Hi Shapshifter1923,
CoC does not have such a clearly defined way of describing this sort of resistance/immunity as D&D, so it is much harder to automate, so the ruleset currently leaves it to the keeper to manage.

Moving forward we may try to define a system of effects, similar to D&D, but it is non-trivial and would also be non standard, so may not happen soon.

Shapeshifter1923
December 10th, 2020, 13:59
Hi Shapshifter1923,
CoC does not have such a clearly defined way of describing this sort of resistance/immunity as D&D, so it is much harder to automate, so the ruleset currently leaves it to the keeper to manage.

Moving forward we may try to define a system of effects, similar to D&D, but it is non-trivial and would also be non standard, so may not happen soon.

Hi thanks for your reply, I have been searching about trying to find a way to do this, and I have tried various approaches, such as putting different values in the armour field for the targeted creature. I have decided the easiest way for me, is to roll the damage in the usual way, then use the right click menu on the chat box to reduce damage by 50%, or negate it entirely and subtract 1 point of damage (for my zombie impale scenario), then I will need to adjust target's hit point field in the CT, using ctrl and mouse wheel - just found out about that tip!