PDA

View Full Version : Script Error Dragging PCs to Party Sheet

Mike Serfass
December 5th, 2020, 22:10
This started happening a couple of days ago. It's easily reproducible. I attached a screenshot and error log.

Summary:
When dragging PCs from Character Selection to Party Sheet, I get this error: Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:43: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a userdata value)
This happens with only two characters out of nine, but it's consistent. The character is missing data in the Party Sheet list (I circled them in the attached image). If I close FGU and re-open it, the missing fields are there.
The same error is thrown if I drag the PC from the character sheet.
I set up a new campaign with no extensions and no modules loaded and had the same error.

FGU Standard, version 4.0.4

Ruleset(s): Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: Theme: none

Modules Loaded: none

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10 20H2 / EN (US)

Steps to Reproduce:
Create a character
Drag character to Party Sheet for first time
works fine
Delete character from Party Sheet
Drag character to Party Sheet (it's not already listed)
experience error
Delete character from Party Sheet
Drag character to empty Party Sheet
experience error
Close FGU, reopen FGU
Open Empty Party Sheet
Drag character to Party Sheet
no error
Delete character, add it back; error.

Summary: The first time adding the character after app startup is fine. Deleting and adding again in the same instance causes the error.
This does not occur in the 5E Sample Campaign. That, and given the error message references bennies, indicates is comes from the SWADE ruleset.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
December 6th, 2020, 07:55
According to the screenshot that you posted, you are actually running a bunch of extensions (Arcane Devices, Fatigue Threshold, Teledrial Languages, Theme: SW - Fantasy, Feature: Adventure Deck, SW Maker v2.0.1, Arcane background changer for Teledrial).

Can you please turn off those extensions on the launcher screen before you start the campaign, and see if you still get the error?

Regards,
JPG

Mike Serfass
December 6th, 2020, 21:28
Sorry, that screenshot was from the game I first experienced the exception in. I had tried what you suggested, with all extensions off, even themes turned off, before posting the original message. The exact same error occurred.
Here's the screenshot of that, and the log.

Valyar
December 7th, 2020, 06:36
I also experience the same error in Savage Worlds Adventure Editiion ruleset several times.

Ikael
December 28th, 2020, 14:47
I believe this has been addressed already by Smiteworks but I am not sure if this is available live yet. Anyhow, this will part of the next update