PDA

View Full Version : FGUWebinstall first time set up forever logging in on FGUpdateEngine Screen

richardcareylol
December 5th, 2020, 12:59
Hi, I am helping on behalf of a new player that is trying to join my game.

He is trying to install FGU for first time, he clicks FGUWebinstall, installs in default location, and then when he is asked for login deets he puts them in and then it is stuck forever on 'loging in' on FGUpdateEngine Screen (see attached photo)

Please, please help us fix this bug. :(

Jiminimonka
December 5th, 2020, 13:17
Hi, I am helping on behalf of a new player that is trying to join my game.

He is trying to install FGU for first time, he clicks FGUWebinstall, installs in default location, and then when he is asked for login deets he puts them in and then it is stuck forever on 'loging in' on FGUpdateEngine Screen (see attached photo)

Please, please help us fix this bug. :(

What operating system is this on?

If he has a FG account (which he used to login) then he should come to the forum and make a post with specifics to help find out what is going wrong.

Also you haven't attached any pictures.

richardcareylol
December 5th, 2020, 14:46
What operating system is this on?

If he has a FG account (which he used to login) then he should come to the forum and make a post with specifics to help find out what is going wrong.

Also you haven't attached any pictures.

He's using windows 10.
I will ask him to reply to this post to continue communication.

Nearel
December 9th, 2020, 19:28
Hello I'm Nearel, the guy struggling with login on FGU. If you can help me, what kind of specifics do you need to know ?
(Btw sorry if I'm not clear, I'm not a native english speaker)
Thank you for your time and help

Nearel
December 9th, 2020, 19:35
Here's the picture richardcareylol was speaking of
Edit : apparently I cannot upload pictures..

LordEntrails
December 9th, 2020, 20:23
Here's the picture richardcareylol was speaking of
Edit : apparently I cannot upload pictures..
You should be able to attach a picture using the "Insert Image"... are you not seeing that icon or are you getting an error when you try? What does the error say?

Have you tried the "Go Advanced" option? It too should have the Insert Image function, as well as some others.

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2020, 21:19
The most likely explantation is that something on your computer is blocking FG from operating properly. This could be anti virus software - so make sure that you have set an exception in your AV for Fantasy Grounds. It could also be something on your router such as flood protection or your ISP has enabled some kind of advanced security option which needs to be turned off. One other possibility is that the correct read/write permissions haven't been set for the FG data folder.