PDA

View Full Version : Player editable starships

Daso
December 5th, 2020, 00:28
So I've been searching for an answer to this without success. Is it possible for players to edit a PC owned starship? So far, it seems that as GM, I'm the only one that can create/modify the starship. Once the players are in, they can change their roles, but nothing else.

Is this something that's planned? I'd love it if I could create a blank ship and have my PCs create/upgrade their own ship like they do with their PCs.

madman
December 5th, 2020, 08:48
They can not. The GM is the only one that can change the record.

superteddy57
December 5th, 2020, 15:17
Expanding the ownership is a tad tricky with how FG handles who can do what. I am tinkering with different methods, but have not solidified a solution yet. It will go live once it is found.

Ulric
December 5th, 2020, 16:23
So I've been searching for an answer to this without success. Is it possible for players to edit a PC owned starship? So far, it seems that as GM, I'm the only one that can create/modify the starship. Once the players are in, they can change their roles, but nothing else.

Is this something that's planned? I'd love it if I could create a blank ship and have my PCs create/upgrade their own ship like they do with their PCs.

I have my players create their ship on this site https://jamesturneronline.net/starfinder-ship-builder/ and then they send me the save data and I recreate for them in FG. The site is free and has all the content. When I am ready to build the upgraded starship I make a copy of the current ship in the PC Ships window and add the TL to the end of the name then make the changes. This makes starship creation and upgrades very easy.

pauljmendoza
December 13th, 2020, 04:10
That's a weird change. I've had players build a ship in the past, why was Starship Items removed?

superteddy57
December 13th, 2020, 04:22
Ship items was not removed. The button can be accessed under PC ships.

pauljmendoza
December 13th, 2020, 04:32
Ship items was not removed. The button can be accessed under PC ships.

I miss-spoke, I saw that the button had been moved, but a while back I allowed the players to make starfighters, and now the Ship Item button is only available to the GM within the PC ships button. Just makes it harder now that it's me having to do it.

BMA4784
October 5th, 2023, 23:38
Was this something that you were still working on as far as the PC ownership goes?

I've also been trying to determine if it's a bug that. I am not able to add a bonus to the PCs starships AC and TL in the combat tracker, when the pilot takes an evade maneuver. It seems to be an edible field when there's an enemy ship but not the PC's ship.

superteddy57
October 6th, 2023, 00:03
Players can't change items on a PC ship if they are in the partysheet. If you would like to adjust the AC and TL there are misc boxes to adjust the automated number collection.

BMA4784
October 6th, 2023, 00:07
Thanks! Superteddy57

I will use the misc to adjust.

A follow up question: Will PC's in the future be able to take the actions in the starship CT that the GM is currently doing. IE balancing shields, applying damage, system glitches and fixes?

superteddy57
October 6th, 2023, 00:18
Its one of the projects that just hasn't reached the top of my list. Other things have taken priority as of late and I will tackle it once I am able to circle back around.

BMA4784
October 6th, 2023, 00:21
Thanks!

It's hard to find a single updated source for starship combat in fantasy grounds. The wiki I found was a bit outdated, at least from a picture prospect and didn't walk you though the whole process. It's 10000% in a better state that it was the last time I played.

Thank you for your quick reply!

BMA4784
October 13th, 2023, 22:21
Hey there again, been working on an extension to tackle this. I was able to get those misc numbers for TL and AC to reflect and update on both the ship combat tracker and the charstarshipsheet_weapons section. I have been trying to understand what happens to the PC starship once it's dropped onto the ps_partyship window and how it becomes no longer editable by the PC's. From what I've worked out the drop action activates the vehicle handler function and stores it in the parthysheet.shipinformation node. Wondering if you could supply some insight. Thanks!

Silverside05
October 21st, 2023, 01:04
I solved it! I created an extension that allows you to give starship ownership to a player. They can now create a starship, repair systems during combat, balance shields, add bonuses to TL and AC for stunts and select the damage arc and apply damage to the party ship. The GM can focus solely on the NPC ship.

Ulric
October 22nd, 2023, 02:02
I solved it! I created an extension that allows you to give starship ownership to a player. They can now create a starship, repair systems during combat, balance shields, add bonuses to TL and AC for stunts and select the damage arc and apply damage to the party ship. The GM can focus solely on the NPC ship.

I hope you will share your extension on the forge so the rest of the Starfinder community can benefit from your creation.

Silverside05
October 24th, 2023, 01:50
I hope you will share your extension on the forge so the rest of the Starfinder community can benefit from your creation.

Doing it now, hope that people enjoy it!

Silverside05
October 24th, 2023, 17:56
I'm pleased to announce that I've uploaded the Starfinder Starship Enhanced Extension to the Forge. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1415/view

With this extension, players can now:

Build Their Own Starship: Customize your starship from the ground up.

Balance Shields in Combat: Adjust and maintain your ship's shields during skirmishes.

Apply Bonuses: After successful evade maneuvers, add miscellaneous tl and ac bonuses to your starship.

Repair Systems: Easily mend ship systems and weapon mounts when they glitch.

Damage Arc Selection: Choose the correct damage arc and apply damage directly on the combat tracker.

To Ensure Proper Function:

1.Drop the PC ship into the party sheet. From there, drag it to the ship combat tracker as usual.

2. The GM should then click the ship control checkboxes on both the player they wish to grant control to (specifically on that player's ships tab).

3. Next, click the ship control checkbox in the ship combat tracker.

4. Players should now have the capability to modify items on the ship's tactical page.

5. Additionally, damage can be selected and applied to the PC ship on the player's combat tracker. Just select the appropriate arc and click 'apply damage'.

Got thoughts or ideas on the extension? Don't be shy – shoot them my way. If something's off or you think of a cool tweak, I'm all ears. Let's make this thing even better together!

Cheers!