PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.2.1

MadBeardMan
December 4th, 2020, 19:29
Evening Folks,

Now that v1.2.0 has been released, the focus on this version is a quick turn around to fix any bugs reported and continue supporting more from the High Guard book.

Optional Characteristics. Add support for the Territory (for Pirates/Aliens Vol 1) - Only applies to Aslan, but allow all others from the Traveller Companion, Wealth, Luck, Sanity and Morale
Tactics (Military). Any character with this skill will have the skill added to the Misc Skill section on the Actions Tab. This can be used in the CT. If you have the skill before upgrading to this version, you'll need to remove it/re-add it
Miscellaneous Equipment. Aliens Vol 1 have 'Weapon Carriers' for the K'Kree, I've decided these should go under a new Misc Equipment (record type 13) as they don't do anything ruleswise
Quests button renamed to Missions (thanks Xargun)
Crafts button renamed to Vehicles
Spacecraft Weapon Damage/Weapons Damage. All weapons showing damage without the '6', ie '3D' now roll 3d6. If the weapon was 3DD they behave as they did before
Updated the function used to add SCT button, hope this works with the better menus extension.
Fixed the issue with PSI Abilities throwing an error on FGU and not showing the abilities

Core Rulebook

[Added] Trade Goods. New Data, Trade Goods has been added, this will be used for Trade as soon as I can get Cargo working

Player Reference

[Added] Trade Goods. New Data, Trade Goods has been added, this will be used for Trade as soon as I can get Cargo working

High Guard

[Fixed] All weapons now correctly show the right 'damage dice'.

But as usual post away.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
December 4th, 2020, 21:06
Will we be able to assign characters to positions on the ship and then with a click of button roll the appropriate skill checks? Assign Aleksi to the Pilot position. And while on the ship sheet, he (or anyone) can click on a pilot button and it will roll the check using Aleksi's skills and stats ?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
December 5th, 2020, 13:52
Will we be able to assign characters to positions on the ship and then with a click of button roll the appropriate skill checks? Assign Aleksi to the Pilot position. And while on the ship sheet, he (or anyone) can click on a pilot button and it will roll the check using Aleksi's skills and stats ?

Xargun

Hi Chap,

Yes, the plan is to assign characters to positions on a ship. So that when certain rolls are made, the modifiers are all known. It's going to be a busy few months.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
December 5th, 2020, 16:40
Hi Chap,

Yes, the plan is to assign characters to positions on a ship. So that when certain rolls are made, the modifiers are all known. It's going to be a busy few months.

Cheers,
MBM

Excellent :) Thanks for all the hard work. If you lived in Ohio I'd buy you a pint or two.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
December 5th, 2020, 17:32
Excellent :) Thanks for all the hard work. If you lived in Ohio I'd buy you a pint or two.

Xargun

That's ace of you.

Do you travel to GenCon at all? I'm hoping to be there in 2021 and I'd buy all the players a pint!

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
December 5th, 2020, 17:45
That's ace of you.

Do you travel to GenCon at all? I'm hoping to be there in 2021 and I'd buy all the players a pint!

Cheers,
MBM

I have not been to GenCon since the early 2000's - not since it moved to Indianapolis. I could probably head over for a day or two since its only about a 3hr drive. But a lot of that will depend on the pandemic and so forth. Would be nice for us all to meet up and just shoot the **** for a few hours.

Xargun

Sylvesr
December 7th, 2020, 01:59
I have not been to GenCon since the early 2000's - not since it moved to Indianapolis. I could probably head over for a day or two since its only about a 3hr drive. But a lot of that will depend on the pandemic and so forth. Would be nice for us all to meet up and just shoot the **** for a few hours.

Xargun

I concur that would be a fantastic afternoon/evening.

MBM you do great work. I've not been on the forums much since returning to work full time at the office but you sir are a gem. I hope the company compensates you well for all your dedication to we, the fans.

Have a great week. I will download High Guard this week when it drops. Counting the hours.

MadBeardMan
December 7th, 2020, 14:31
I concur that would be a fantastic afternoon/evening.

MBM you do great work. I've not been on the forums much since returning to work full time at the office but you sir are a gem. I hope the company compensates you well for all your dedication to we, the fans.

Have a great week. I will download High Guard this week when it drops. Counting the hours.

Hi Sylvesr,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that time is not your friend. I know that feeling, though things have stablised here on that front.

As for GenCon. I went in 2017 and was due to go this year but.... so I'm hoping to go next year. It's 5,000 miles and around 10 hours of flying and crossing the atlantic, but I had such a wonderful time, and maybe next year I could get Mongoose involved and get some games running....

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
December 7th, 2020, 14:33
Hi Sylvesr,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear that time is not your friend. I know that feeling, though things have stablised here on that front.

As for GenCon. I went in 2017 and was due to go this year but.... so I'm hoping to go next year. It's 5,000 miles and around 10 hours of flying and crossing the atlantic, but I had such a wonderful time, and maybe next year I could get Mongoose involved and get some games running....

Cheers,
MBM

Get Mongoose to sponsor you so they can pay for your trip :) Or have them setup a booth and run some games to increase awareness. Does Smiteworks run a booth there ?

Xargun

Dalton Calford
December 8th, 2020, 15:28
Expanded Characteristics - Wonderful news.

Is it possible to have the Finances Section modified into a scrollable section in the same manner as the inventory? This would stop us from having a place for a mortgage or medical debt when we don't have either.
In the core book, there are Cr, KCr and MCr which are all fine and good in the Imperium, but, there are also the ZhoCr, ZhoKCr and ZhoMCr (Zhodoni consulate), not to mention the Darrion currency, SwordWorlder etc.
For someone who is trading in say, the fivesisters subsector, they are dealing with four or more currencies as a matter of coarse and need to get them exchanged.
There are also ship shares where are effectively a type of currency.
There is different types of debt, etc.
Also, the odds are that the characters may have it in different locations instead of carrying it around. There is also the issue of digital vs physical currency.

I came across this as my players are right now trying to find a way to launder Darrian currency through the banks on Idereti and there is no place to keep track of any of this in the system.
Perhaps a new tab or a custom "Budget" form that can be pulled up or ignored by those who prefer a more abstract game using the wealth characteristic.

So an Amount (integer), A type (string, needing to be defined someplace ie ZhoCr) A Location (credstick/bank/physical - needs to be defined somewhere) a flag (Debt or not) and a note (string)

In regards to the "Addtional Information" section, there are items I would like to see (I can provide tables for generating all of this stuff)

Species or Sophant(instead of race)
Sub-Group (instead of gender - Traveller 5 and by extension Mongoose with the support of the Droyne, has at least 6 genders, while other groups have a single gender but distinct sub-groups) An example could be "Vilani Female" or "Imperial Male" - Free form
Height in cm
Weight in kg
Body Type (Mesomorph/Ectomorph/Endomorph/Normal) (the Species would determine what builds are available)
Body Shape (Emaciated/Skinny/Underweight/Below Average/Average/Above Average/Overweight/Extreamly Overweight/Obese)
BirthDate
HomeWorld
Age and LifeStage (Infant/Child/Teen/Young Adult/Adult/Peak/Mid-Life/Senior/Elder/Retirement) ie 32 (Peak)
Description (ie "Shimmering Brown Scales with Diamond Pattern" or "Pale Alebaster Flesh with White Hair and Pink Eyes" )

All of this information has been supported in Traveller over the various editions.variations over the years and having a block of descriptive text would be great (picture would be better, but, sadly that is limited to the standard small portrait or icon)

Dalton Calford
December 8th, 2020, 16:46
Hi MBM,

If you are doing up the task chain tool, perhaps some method to get it to work with the combat tracker? i.e.

Tactics goes towards planning
Leadership goes towards getting everyone to follow the plan
Recon goes towards determining if the party is surprised

So, bad tactics, affects the leadership role, while the leadership roll affects the results of the recon.
If recon fails, no tactics or leadership rolls for boons/banes or initiative bonuses etc.
So, a task chain can directly affect how the initiative is rolled in the combat tracker..
Just an idea.

MadBeardMan
December 9th, 2020, 10:39
Hi MBM,

If you are doing up the task chain tool, perhaps some method to get it to work with the combat tracker? i.e.

Tactics goes towards planning
Leadership goes towards getting everyone to follow the plan
Recon goes towards determining if the party is surprised

So, bad tactics, affects the leadership role, while the leadership roll affects the results of the recon.
If recon fails, no tactics or leadership rolls for boons/banes or initiative bonuses etc.
So, a task chain can directly affect how the initiative is rolled in the combat tracker..
Just an idea.

Hi Dalton,

The Task Chain will not have a direct outcome as such at the moment. That's being worked on here and there as an extension.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
December 25th, 2020, 00:06
Hi Folks,

I've added Optional Characteristics to this version.

At the moment the only one you'll see is Territory - this is for Aslans only.

Traveller Companion introduces - Morale, Luck, Sanity and Wealth. These are in this build but the book isn't available to activate them.

Note: none of these stats appear in the Status area, when Companion arrives I'll see which ones can be modified on the go and add those.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
December 30th, 2020, 17:41
Hi Folks,

I'm going to confirm this with Matt but I've opened up the new stats from the Companion book in this build. Let's face it, you could pull down a character sheet and run with those stats. The books contains more info on how they 'function' as such. So enjoy!

This version is going to have some good stuff for Ships and the like.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
January 14th, 2021, 00:21
Folks,

Added Tactics to this version. Any character with the Tactics (Military) skill will see it added to the Misc Actions on the Actions Tab.

During Combat, any character with this can drag these dice, or dbl click to roll them, and the effect of that roll get placed into the MOD of any Ally in the CT. On the start of the next round the MODS are cleared, so the player (or another with the skill) can repeat that Tactics roll.

I'll be repeating this for the SCT at some future update once Crew is all sorted.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
January 14th, 2021, 02:15
I've added Optional Characteristics to this version.

At the moment the only one you'll see is Territory - this is for Aslans only.

Traveller Companion introduces - Morale, Luck, Sanity and Wealth. These are in this build but the book isn't available to activate them.

Can you make these characteristics user definable, so we can take advantage of the alternative rules ie Charm instead of SOC or having both Charm and SOC instead of wealth etc.,

MadBeardMan
January 14th, 2021, 10:19
Can you make these characteristics user definable, so we can take advantage of the alternative rules ie Charm instead of SOC or having both Charm and SOC instead of wealth etc.,

Hi Dalton,

In short 'No'. The text is fixed for those and there's no facility in Options to rename things.

But in longer 'Yes'. You can override any text in the ruleset using an Extension.

Thanks,
MBM

Dalton Calford
January 14th, 2021, 14:50
But in longer 'Yes'. You can override any text in the ruleset using an Extension.

Hi MBM,

That is a shame, as Classic Traveller and all versions up from them except for GURPs had different attributes replacing the core attributes for alien races - for example, Vargr had charisma instead of social standing etc.,
With an extension, the change would affect all players/mechanics vs just the species it applies to.
This also would affect the way the alternative rules in the players companion are worded, as they seem to imply that they are not just a renaming but that they are a different characteristic, used at half value when being used in place of the original.

If it was possible to have the (10-12?) characteristics defined in a text box in the settings or having them be defined but selectable in the same manner that a characteristic is chosen for use with a skill....

Is it possible to specify on a character by character or even species by species manner, which attributes are supported and just put in all the possible characteristics into the system? (I can make a list, I have T5 and all the various books)

Best regards

Dalton

MadBeardMan
January 15th, 2021, 10:05
Hi MBM,

That is a shame, as Classic Traveller and all versions up from them except for GURPs had different attributes replacing the core attributes for alien races - for example, Vargr had charisma instead of social standing etc.,
With an extension, the change would affect all players/mechanics vs just the species it applies to.
This also would affect the way the alternative rules in the players companion are worded, as they seem to imply that they are not just a renaming but that they are a different characteristic, used at half value when being used in place of the original.

If it was possible to have the (10-12?) characteristics defined in a text box in the settings or having them be defined but selectable in the same manner that a characteristic is chosen for use with a skill....

Is it possible to specify on a character by character or even species by species manner, which attributes are supported and just put in all the possible characteristics into the system? (I can make a list, I have T5 and all the various books)

Best regards

Dalton

Hi Chap,

What you suggest (a screen to enter text) is possible, it's just an awful lot of work. It's easier to add all the various stats. At this time it's only Mongoose Travellers stats, the others for T4/T5 etc will need to be an extension. Though there's only so many stats that can fit on the screen!

It is possible to put rules in place for stats to appear, for example in v1.2.1 coming soon, any Aslan will get 'Ter' if the Referee has enabled that Stat in Options.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
January 15th, 2021, 15:36
On the PC Spacecraft window, can we maybe get a tab for ships/vehicles carried? Where we can click and drag other ships / crafts onto that page to link everything together?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
January 16th, 2021, 22:59
On the PC Spacecraft window, can we maybe get a tab for ships/vehicles carried? Where we can click and drag other ships / crafts onto that page to link everything together?

Xargun

Soon as I work out what players can edit on a PC ship then the sooner this kind of thing can be added. I've just done the Tactics (Military) modifier work, so now to play getting Cargo to be able to be updated/changed by players and not the GM.

MadBeardMan
January 29th, 2021, 10:38
Folks,

Still not worked out how to 'easily' allow Cargo, so going to park that for a week or so, as I have Ruleset changes for WOIN/VtM to make for the Feb updates for FGU.

Today I've added a new Equipment Type - Record Type 13 - Miscellaneous. These records have TL, Kg, Cost and Notes only.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 2nd, 2021, 13:23
Folks,

Due to a big update coming in mid feb for FGU/FGC I have work that needs to be done to bring MGT1/2 in line, means I'll be packing up this version tomorrow and sending it. Won't have all the bits I hoped but still progress.

Then once the new update drops for FGU/FGC we'll get back into normal strides.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
February 2nd, 2021, 14:22
Folks,

Due to a big update coming in mid feb for FGU/FGC I have work that needs to be done to bring MGT1/2 in line, means I'll be packing up this version tomorrow and sending it. Won't have all the bits I hoped but still progress.

Then once the new update drops for FGU/FGC we'll get back into normal strides.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks for all your work MBM!

MadBeardMan
February 2nd, 2021, 18:57
Hi Folks,

Due to the big update, I've sent this today so I can spend some of this week making the new changes coming.

As you can see on the first page, there are some nice features, and after speaking with Moon Wizard I think I have a method for the Cargo....

Huzzah
MBM

esmdev
February 2nd, 2021, 23:22
Having been sick (not Covid) and mostly offline for months, I must say that I'm really impressed with all the new features that have been implemented. :)

Getting ready to begin a seemingly endless Deepnight Revelation campaign, the new functionality will be great to have.

MadBeardMan
February 3rd, 2021, 00:31
Having been sick (not Covid) and mostly offline for months, I must say that I'm really impressed with all the new features that have been implemented. :)

Getting ready to begin a seemingly endless Deepnight Revelation campaign, the new functionality will be great to have.

Hi Chap,

Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you're feeling better and please don't get Covid!

There are many cool things coming this year, here and from Mongoose. Something very special happening this Friday!

So you want me to do Deepnight next then? As PoD is pretty much ready to be sent!

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
February 3rd, 2021, 13:20
Hi Chap,

Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you're feeling better and please don't get Covid!

There are many cool things coming this year, here and from Mongoose. Something very special happening this Friday!

So you want me to do Deepnight next then? As PoD is pretty much ready to be sent!

Cheers,
MBM

I think Deepnight would be good to have at some point, and the campaign concept is pretty cool, but I have plenty of stuff already setup for it.

If I were to think of a good option it would be the Great Rift boxed set as there are mechanics in that which are used in Deepnight that will work for both.

Also I'm on dialysis and have had kidney failure for years so sometimes I just get super sick. Fortunately the dialysis center has tons of protocols so it's probably safer to go there than a market.

MadBeardMan
February 3rd, 2021, 14:43
I think Deepnight would be good to have at some point, and the campaign concept is pretty cool, but I have plenty of stuff already setup for it.

If I were to think of a good option it would be the Great Rift boxed set as there are mechanics in that which are used in Deepnight that will work for both.

Also I'm on dialysis and have had kidney failure for years so sometimes I just get super sick. Fortunately the dialysis center has tons of protocols so it's probably safer to go there than a market.

Hi Chap,

Sorry to hear that you're on dialysis, I've got a friend who's the same and he's now taken early retirement and shielded as much as possible due to Covid.

Talking about The Great Rift, that's moving through the channels as I completed it over the Xmas break.

I've not had much time to read the new Deepnight stuff as Mongoose have been throwing a fair amount of content out on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to the Mercenaries box that goes on Kickstarter this Friday.

But the good news is, there's a few of us now taking up different parts so this year should see a good chunk of the back catalogue converted and more rules to support it.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
February 9th, 2021, 16:01
I had to remove and re-add the Tactics (military) skill to characters to get it to show up on the Actions tab - but once there it works fine :)

Xargun

MadBeardMan
February 9th, 2021, 16:55
I had to remove and re-add the Tactics (military) skill to characters to get it to show up on the Actions tab - but once there it works fine :)

Xargun

Hi Chap,

Yes that's required. I've just updated the first post to include that.

Are the sidebar buttons all messed up for you?

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
February 9th, 2021, 18:26
Hi Chap,

Yes that's required. I've just updated the first post to include that.

Are the sidebar buttons all messed up for you?

Cheers,
MBM

No the sidebars are fine but when I use my extension to turn them into dropdowns the Ship Combat Tracker is still not listed there. No big deal, I moved it to a shortcut key at the bottom :)

Xargun

adzling
February 10th, 2021, 01:31
yeah im using the same dropdown button extension and it's not there

how did you add it as a shortcut to the bottom xargun?
cheers

Xargun
February 10th, 2021, 01:36
I removed the extension, loaded in the game then click and dragged the Ship Combat Tracker down to the F12 location. Then reloaded with the extension turned on and am good.

Xargun

adzling
February 10th, 2021, 20:43
ok i folloed Xargun's tip and got the spacecraft combat tracker to load as a shortcut with Better Menus, now i have to figure out how to use it....

Xargun
February 10th, 2021, 20:44
ok i folloed Xargun's tip and got the spacecraft combat tracker to load as a shortcut with Better Menus, now i have to figure out how to use it....

I have only used it a little bit, but I'm guessing it will work just like the normal Combat Tracker. Speaking of which, has anyone tried putting a vehicle into the Combat Tracker ?

Xargun

adzling
February 10th, 2021, 20:54
I have started a new thread just to discuss use of the spacecraft combat tracker.

I haven't tried putting a vehicle into the combat tracker yet...

chumbly
February 10th, 2021, 21:46
I don't think you can yet, but MBM is the person to ask. I believe that was something that would maybe
Happen with Book 4 Vehicle Handbook, whenever MBM gets around to it. If I was MBM I wouldn't rush off myself at this time to do it,
Since. With the Mercenary Kickstarter in full stream, it would probably be better to see if any of Mercenary book`s pdfs change vehicle combat,
At this point why do something in the combat tracker, only to change it by mid summer?

Chumbly

Xargun
February 11th, 2021, 14:21
I have started a new thread just to discuss use of the spacecraft combat tracker.

I haven't tried putting a vehicle into the combat tracker yet...

After saying that I went and tried - you cannot.. But it doesn't break anything so thats a plus :) We will just have to wait - not a huge deal, but I was just wondering since vehicles use ground combat and are covered in the Core book.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
February 13th, 2021, 12:39
After saying that I went and tried - you cannot.. But it doesn't break anything so thats a plus :) We will just have to wait - not a huge deal, but I was just wondering since vehicles use ground combat and are covered in the Core book.

Xargun

I'll be doing a major update to Vehicles when the Vehicles Handbook is to be released. The idea is to use the SCT for them, as they have an awful lot of similarities, I could look at enabling it sooner but not sure I want the tech debt of updating data structures - let me think on it.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
February 13th, 2021, 15:43
I'll be doing a major update to Vehicles when the Vehicles Handbook is to be released. The idea is to use the SCT for them, as they have an awful lot of similarities, I could look at enabling it sooner but not sure I want the tech debt of updating data structures - let me think on it.

Cheers,
MBM

I just figured since vehicles are on the personal scale - and battles with characters could easily have vehicles in them as well - they would all be on one tracker. But put it where you can get it to work.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
February 13th, 2021, 17:21
I just figured since vehicles are on the personal scale - and battles with characters could easily have vehicles in them as well - they would all be on one tracker. But put it where you can get it to work.

Xargun

Hi Chap,

Once all the 'base' work is done we could then see how we can perhaps merge the two CT's into a single CT that allows everything, with maybe a switch to 'hide/show' Spacecraft etc.

But that's a way off, maybe a year...

Cheers,
MBM