PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Low-Magic DND5E Homebrew Setting, Role Playing Intensive

jfg1984
December 4th, 2020, 15:27
FG License: Unity Ultimate
Game System: DND5E, Customized for Low-Magic

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Day of week and time: TBD with the entire group
If new game, planned start date: About mid January after the holidays settle down
Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week, 3-5 hour session depending on group preference
Term: Long term, I tend to run games in the span of 2-3 years

Text or Voice: Voice and video
Voice software used: Likely discord, but tbd
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? It's a possibility but not without group consent, and will be discussed in session 0

Roleplay & Combat mix: About 25% combat, 75% role play
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 2 players, looking for 1-2 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, equipment will be discussed at session 0
Character restrictions: there will be quite a bit given the low magic setting. All spell casting focused classes are out, other base classes have been adjusted, new classes have been added, will discuss at session 0 and before

Details of your scenario: I’m going for a dystopian fantasy; envisioning a world that will be decidedly low magic the closer you are to civilization but high magic the further you travel into the wild unknown. It’s a fantasy-based post apocalypse scenario that focuses heavily on themes of horror and wonder, sometimes simultaneously. Humanity is scattered into isolated pockets separated by vast untamed wilds filled with terrifying horrors the deeper into them one travels. Those pockets have resulted in city-states with limited ability to interact with one another and the type of government differs depending on the city-state in question but the politics are always incredibly localized; kingdoms and empires are non-existent. Magic does exist in this world but it’s universally shunned by humanity in the same way murdering and eating babies is. Magic is capable of god-like feats, but it isn’t understood, and prolonged exposure to it can have unforeseen consequences. History and religion wise, the common belief is that there once was a world, a different world, a real one; and it was completely destroyed by humanity’s hubris. They delved too deeply into magic and broke the barrier between their world and the void; existence and non-existence. The void flooded in and all was utterly lost save for one man; the one man in all the world who had resisted magic’s corrupting touch. The void could not touch him but neither could he survive in the vast nothingness that now enveloped what used to be creation. And so he fell asleep, drifting in endless slumber through the never ending emptiness of nothing. All of the world of is thought to be his dream; a fragmented and imperfect recollection of the what was lost.

The characters will take on the role of adventurers who travel beyond the freeholds to explore the dangerous unknowns, and thus will develop somewhat like they do in a game of Shadowrun. They don’t typically acquire political power themselves, they’re doing a job that exists on the fringes of society that no one wants to admit there is even a need for. But as they peel back the onion like layers of the world's past, I hope they develop an interest in the hidden history of the world as well as their own skill and acumen.

Link to Game Calendar page: None as yet.

My discord is drmusmus#8730, feel free to add me there and DM or contact me here if interested. Thanks.

Alienape
December 10th, 2020, 22:41
I am interested if you still have an opening. I have been playing for a long time, started with "the White Books" and have played all editions except 4. Played so0me 2-3 Starfinder , Traveller, and GURPS. I can play most evenings after 6:00 pm cst.

jfg1984
December 12th, 2020, 19:01
I am interested if you still have an opening. I have been playing for a long time, started with "the White Books" and have played all editions except 4. Played so0me 2-3 Starfinder , Traveller, and GURPS. I can play most evenings after 6:00 pm cst.

Hi there.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not planning on starting the campaign till after the New Year so if you'd like to get a bit more information feel free to reach out to me on discord.

calfaro1
December 13th, 2020, 01:12
interested. New player but quick learner!

Validname
December 13th, 2020, 15:48
I'm very interested in the scenario and would put my bid in for a spot if you are still accepting players, dependent on the day the games going to be played on and the start time.
I have played a decent amount 5E, Pathfinder, and FFG Star Wars (Genesys);And I'm quite familiar with fantasy grounds. Feel free to add me on discord Validname#6539

sarahbeth31
December 14th, 2020, 16:19
I tried to get ahold of you on discord but couldn't. I'm new to the role-play aspect and would love to be able to work on it some more. If there are more slots open I would like to have one.

jfg1984
December 16th, 2020, 16:58
I tried to get ahold of you on discord but couldn't. I'm new to the role-play aspect and would love to be able to work on it some more. If there are more slots open I would like to have one.

Hi there. The game isn't slotted to begin until January after the holidays are finished so there's still time to talk about it if you're interested. Please feel free to either find me on discord via my information in the OP, or just private message me here and we can talk more details.

jfg1984
December 16th, 2020, 17:00
interested. New player but quick learner!

Sure, just reach out to me on discord or PM through the forums and we can talk a few more details.

BossGeekNJ
December 17th, 2020, 02:07
I would be interested on any evening except Saturday. I currently play games every Wednesday night. I've played D&D quite a bit in the past, but very rusty and basically new to Fantasy Grounds.

jfg1984
December 17th, 2020, 14:18
I would be interested on any evening except Saturday. I currently play games every Wednesday night. I've played D&D quite a bit in the past, but very rusty and basically new to Fantasy Grounds.

No worries, just reach out through private message here or through discord and we can talk about it in a bit more depth.