PDA

View Full Version : FG II Adventures?

Pikup
May 24th, 2007, 20:22
Have any of the Adventures publishers made FG II adventures available yet? I'm still seeing piles of the FGI stuff, but I'd like to grab something basic for II to playtest some of the new features.

Pikup

sloejack
May 24th, 2007, 22:40
FG1 adventures should for the most part be compatible with FG2 so, I'd have to ask what features you would expect to see in an "fg2" adventure that isn't in one that was published originally for fg1?

Of announcements, I've seen that Digital Adventures is planning to release the Drow Wars adventure series from Mongoose before or during Gen Con this year. That's 30 adventures worth of fun right there. :)

Pikup
May 25th, 2007, 00:34
I've had little to no luck importing the existing FGI adventures I have. (I think its due to them having rulesets associated.) As for features I meant the FGII features (updated combat tracker etc).

Pikup

sloejack
May 25th, 2007, 00:53
I've had little to no luck importing the existing FGI adventures I have. (I think its due to them having rulesets associated.) As for features I meant the FGII features (updated combat tracker etc).

Pikup

Ah, yep if you have ruleset dependant adventures that would be an issue until the rulesets themselves are ported to fg2 and unfortunetly that is not a trivial task. :(

If the associated ruleset is d20 based, you may be able to modify the db.xml file in the campaign/adventure to use the d20 ruleset and that would allow you to load and use it, though perhaps without the additional material the ruleset provided so your milage may vary going this route.

Thore_Ironrock
May 26th, 2007, 13:11
Have any of the Adventures publishers made FG II adventures available yet? I'm still seeing piles of the FGI stuff, but I'd like to grab something basic for II to playtest some of the new features.

Pikup

The FGv1 adventures are compatible with FGv2. The main things you'll likely have to do is change the links on monsters and possibly alter the campagin.xml if your ruleset name is different. All of Digital Adventure's adventures can be used with FGv2 (ie. monster link issue). In addition, our first original FGv2 adventure Temple on an Island will be released in the next few days.

Hope this helps!

:)