PDA

View Full Version : No Human Listed Under Races with Core Rules

Krilion
December 3rd, 2020, 01:44
https://i.imgur.com/11rBC1h.png

Am I missing something? Core rules loaded, no humans for Mongoose 2.

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 10:59
Hi,

You're not missing anything. Humans have no Stats Mods/Traits or section within the Core Rules. You just manually type it in as the Race.

Cheers,
MBM

chew827
December 3rd, 2020, 15:16
Is there a reason we couldn't have one with no mods/traits just so the process is consistent?

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 16:27
Is there a reason we couldn't have one with no mods/traits just so the process is consistent?

Hi,

I'll add Human to the list of Races, and update the Traits script so that it can accept none. So will be part of v1.2.0 released next week.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
December 3rd, 2020, 17:53
Hi,

I'll add Human to the list of Races, and update the Traits script so that it can accept none. So will be part of v1.2.0 released next week.

Cheers,
MBM

If you are doing that, shouldn't it be a few ie
Humaniti : Solomani
Humaniti : Imperial
Humaniti : Vilini
Humaniti : Darrion
Humaniti : Sword Worlder
etc.
Each is described as a different racial group, different home world, with Imperial a mix of all of them ie generic human.
There are about 50 type of humaniti in Traveller. I can produce a list (actually did for my own games)
Something to think about when adding - perhaps either allow a generic fan produced module be done up, or keep the races in separate modules in case the user is NOT using the 3I

MadBeardMan
December 4th, 2020, 09:39
If you are doing that, shouldn't it be a few ie
Humaniti : Solomani
Humaniti : Imperial
Humaniti : Vilini
Humaniti : Darrion
Humaniti : Sword Worlder
etc.
Each is described as a different racial group, different home world, with Imperial a mix of all of them ie generic human.
There are about 50 type of humaniti in Traveller. I can produce a list (actually did for my own games)
Something to think about when adding - perhaps either allow a generic fan produced module be done up, or keep the races in separate modules in case the user is NOT using the 3I

Morning Dalton,

I'm only adding a basic Human. Mongoose are releasing products with more details on the other variants.

Thanks,
MBM