PDA

View Full Version : Next Core book you'd like to see released and when?

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2020, 01:20
Hi Folks,

There are two Core books left to release once High Guard is released.

Vehicle Handbook
Traveller Companion

Now without my bias, what would you like to see next, here are the basic plans for what they'd bring.

Vehicle Handbook - Book 4 - Lots of new vehicles, rules on building Vehicles, Vehicles working in the CT (not sure which CT yet), plus at some future point a Vehicle Builder, plus new equipment (weapons/armour for a Vehicle)
Traveller Companion - Book 5 - Lots of new information, some new careers, training, new NPC's, Vehicle Damage, new Characteristics (Morale, Sanity etc) and Damage Hit Locations and Weapon fumbles etc.

As you can tell both will require ruleset work, which I will do once we all feel High Guard is well supported, but if the book was available before that point would you pick it up and use some of the features? For example, I use Traveller Companion already, I have various tables in place from it, and want that Hit Location doing.

I'm interested as being honest here, I love doing the conversions and they're quicker to do than ruleset coding. I also would like to be able to draw a line under the Core books and then I can work more on ruleset and newer books as they continue, and haven't Mongoose been very busy these last 3 months?

Behind the Claw (completed with SmiteWorks)
Sword Worlds
Skandersvik
Aliens Vol 1 (Almost complete, then off for Internal Testing before heading off to Smiteworks)
Aliens Vol 2 (out on the 14th of December 2020)

And of course, the more I can clear off the backlogs means the more time I have for 2300AD....

Cheers,
MBM

Doomhippy
December 3rd, 2020, 16:15
hey dude core books would be Traveller Companion - Book 5
but the moment 2300ad 2ed is released plz drop evry thing and get one that haha
this is mine and my players got to setting

Pharoid
December 3rd, 2020, 16:26
I vote vehicle handbook. my players seem to always be either in a starship, vehicle or jail. :-) they need a jail handbook.

adzling
December 3rd, 2020, 19:01
whichever is easier/ quicker.

our group would use them both

Dalton Calford
December 3rd, 2020, 21:02
Hi MBM,

The companion would have the most impact on game play - from attributes and prior history to the underlying way combat is worked out.
It would need new character sheets with new inventory management - the current character sheets don't have places for information from the core rules yet (awards, ship shares, tas etc)

Vehicles, although great, can be hand waved and used via reference pdf/books for most game sessions. I would love to have them, but, they are not a game changing or game breaking item.

If you are interested in what I would love to have you convert next would be the aliens books; the behind the claw book (with it's 17 documented aliens) and the JTAS books with their aliens. Having them as both character types and or npc types with images/background etc would truely flesh out the setting.

I would also love to discuss with you an expanded system/world form that holds more information.

Best regards

Dalton

Ron Lumsden
December 3rd, 2020, 21:42
Hello All, I just found the HARN system and it looks awesome, is there by any chance a way to incorporate HARN into FG.
I looked in the "store" and couldn't find any DLC info for HARN

Xargun
December 3rd, 2020, 22:01
I would say the Companion as it will allow extra characteristics and a redesign of the character sheet - which many of us want. Plus there are many other rules in there that would be nice to automate or include - or better yet, the option to include them like we currently have for PSI.

Xargun

esmdev
December 4th, 2020, 01:51
My vote would be Companion before Vehicles.

Seems like you're thinking about a character sheet redo and Companion would be a good time for that.

Ramid
December 4th, 2020, 12:54
Companion then Vehicles.

or both Just take my money!!! ;)

RustyInRT
December 4th, 2020, 16:47
Our group would get more benefit from Companion. So much good stuff in there, additions and variants.

Whereas Vehicles just gives you, well, vehicles.

Granted, it does depend on what type of campaign you are in.

chumbly
December 5th, 2020, 18:32
Our group would get more benefit from Companion. So much good stuff in there, additions and variants.

Whereas Vehicles just gives you, well, vehicles.

Granted, it does depend on what type of campaign you are in.

Well, I would probably vote companion first too, but I will note, that with the coming Mongoose Kickstarter for
Mercenary in Feb 2021, vehicles are probably going to become a lot more useful in Traveller, as Mercenary
campaigns again become common, particularly with armored vehicle companies in combat. On the other
hand, a delay in doing Vehicles till much of Mercenary books are pdf out to backers, would allow MadBeardMan
to have a clearer idea of how to implement vehicle/individual combat in the combat trackers if Mongoose
changes Vehicle combat rule or combat rules in General in Mercenary.(I am counting on a successful
Kickstarter for Mongoose, my Guess is full funding in the first hour, if Deepnight Revelation is any
indicator)

Chumbly

GregRex
December 5th, 2020, 20:45
My group would get more mileage out of the Campanion as well.

MadBeardMan
December 5th, 2020, 23:27
Folks,

Companion it is, though I need to get the ruleset allowing all the extra characteristics which means the new Character Sheet. So I'll get on with that around High Guard development.

I'll get Companion Book itself finished asap, it's very close and will take time to get through testing, by which time I'll have more automation ready for it.

Cheers,
MBM