PDA

View Full Version : Side Bar Button Size

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2020, 18:36
Hi all,

I am working on an extension and I have a question about the sidebar desktop buttons for Core

I am aware that there is a set size restriction on those buttons, so if the button is bigger it automatically scales the image of that button to fit when the desktop is loaded. Where do I modify that set size? My goal is to set that size restriction to what ever I need.

For what ever reason, I thought it was tied to the /scaleui feature but that is not the case.. as it scales everything.. so it looks like garbage if I scale it up.

Anyone able to point me to where this can be adjusted, please?

Thanks
Jolly

Trenloe
November 30th, 2020, 19:05
Some discussion and pointers in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47886-5E-theme-with-with-small-right-side-buttons It's mostly about the number of buttons in the sidebar, but it does mention button sizing (post #6) and there's a skeleton extension where you could add some of the sizing commands to experiment.

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2020, 19:41
Some discussion and pointers in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47886-5E-theme-with-with-small-right-side-buttons It's mostly about the number of buttons in the sidebar, but it does mention button sizing (post #6) and there's a skeleton extension where you could add some of the sizing commands to experiment.

I will check it out. I was not paying attention and I over wrote my older version of MoreCore with the newer one. (I usually back up the old file before I add the new one) anyways.. now all my morecore extensions got little small buttons and text floating over the top. So I am trying to change it.

Thanks!

Hmm.. is there a text showing how to use that extension?

Trenloe
November 30th, 2020, 19:49
Hmm.. is there a text showing how to use that extension?
It's an extension to allow you to play with the DesktopManager functions. Post #6 mentions the DesktopManager.setDockIconSizeAndSpacing function which you could play around with in the sample extension - put any code you want to try in the onInit() function in the OneColumnSidebar.lua file in the extension. For what the underlying DesktopManager code does look in CoreRPG -> scripts\manager_desktop.lua.

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2020, 20:29
:cry:

Thats greek to me.. You forget that I am an idiot when it comes to this. (and many other things) Edited: That extension wont help me out.. its for setting the max columns in the side bar.. I need to increase the side bar button sizes.

I will just asked Damned to send me (if he has one) an older back up of MoreCore.. cause i just single handedly destroyed all of my More Core Extension desktops when over wrote that older ruleset by accident. And I rather have the buttons back to where I can read and see them, then have little small buttons with large floating texts over them. Every extension that I use now has this happening.. and I can not figure out how to fix it in my extensions!

I went from this, to this... :(
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1w5BBdNmTmE/X8VV6F2dkFI/AAAAAAAARrI/Vl6n0t9HC1sLnvvV1aDIKQ8DpIPCjt02QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1408/Sidebar%2Bissue.png

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2020, 23:31
Ahhh... Problem fixed and solved..

Thanks to both Damned and Trenloe. Tunes out I did not need to change any numbers.. just delete a small portion of the code.