PDA

View Full Version : LFP Winds of the Realms

E c l i p s e
November 29th, 2020, 22:10
Game is 4 Players strong but would be great to have 6 core players

Saturday evenings 8pm EST (New York time) We average 3 sometimes 4 hour sessions

We are currently alternating between 2 Campaigns
1 "The Winds of the Realms" (Forgotten Realms Sandbox)(player story driven)
2 "Weekend at Halasters (Dungeon of the Mad Mage)

Winds of the Realms
See Post #2 for current players’ races and classes

I guess it is fair to say I would like to find players of a certain type, players that want to Role Play their character, or a silent Battle Master is perfectly fine. You will start as a Hero you are already and become a legend. Then it is fair to ask am I the DM you want to Adventure with from start to finish. I am new to both DMing and Fantasy Grounds UNITY and at times it shows but our group gives me a nudge and I get the message. I am however very imaginative, improvising on the fly and tying what is going on in the Forgotten Realms as the players move through the Realms Sandbox style.

This is a Forgotten Realms campaign sandbox adventure, set in the current year but will be extremely flexible to allow the appearance of famous movers and shakers such as Elminster Aumar, Volothamp Geddarm to mention a few. Cities like Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter and Waterdeep are all here, but these are cities most fans are familiar with so I opted to start this adventure in the Far East near Brightstar Lake, South of the Hoardlands.

The Winds of the Realms will be a player driven story that starts players in the Far East and must journey West to the Sword Coast then to Waterdeep. There is a lot going on in the Realms but just one thing is set upon you and your party. You know the Plot from the start but are not pressed or Railroaded to get there but you do find that almost everywhere you turn more about it is learned.

Saturday evenings 8pm EST
Game started January 16 and uses Discord for voice and Fantasy Grounds Unity
We would play every Saturday 8pm EST alternating between this campaign and Kurrgen's Weekend at Halasters and No one can hear you scream
We have FGU Ultimate license and everything else needed for these adventures.

informational posts
87 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64082-LFP-Winds-of-the-Realms&p=567138&viewfull=1#post567138),33 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64082-LFP-Winds-of-the-Realms&p=563271&viewfull=1#post563271), 56 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64082-LFP-Winds-of-the-Realms&p=563800&viewfull=1#post563800), 141 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64082-LFP-Winds-of-the-Realms&p=601151&viewfull=1#post601151)

E c l i p s e
November 29th, 2020, 22:53
Players and their Mounts:

Arjhan Dragonborn Male Monk
Bronze (https://dragons.fandom.com/wiki/Bronze_Dragon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) Young Adult Male
Bravyrrai the Braveheart

Open
Silver (https://dungeonsdragons.fandom.com/wiki/Silver_dragon) Young Adult Male
Caimry Champion of the Skies

Open
Copper (https://dragons.fandom.com/wiki/Copper_Dragon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#:~:text=Chari smatic%2C%20sly%2C%20and%20witty%2C,and%20ironic%2 0sense%20of%20humor.) Young Adult Male
Izyss the Gifted

Open
Gold (https://dragons.fandom.com/wiki/Bronze_Dragon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) Young Adult Female
Froty Fire Breath

Open
Bronze (https://dragons.fandom.com/wiki/Bronze_Dragon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) Young Adult Male
Talrit the Warrior

Open
Brass (https://dragons.fandom.com/wiki/Brass_Dragon_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons))Young Adult Female
Cikora Lady of Ice

Open
Silver (https://dungeonsdragons.fandom.com/wiki/Silver_dragon) Young Adult Male
Nymass, The Silver Ice

Recap of last session;
Session Recap

Previous Recaps (https://1drv.ms/w/s!AmJ8buaWG-jmgp85nO2ACH3cvRoiPw?e=zAE4dD)

Significant note regarding Recap

Open Quest(s)
Prevent the Summoning of Tiamat
Transport Gold to Nethwatch Keep of the west edge of the Thayan Plateau (Completed)
Clear the Fustat Mine of Monsters (Completed)
Ruffians extorting market owners for protection (Current)

Notes regarding Quests: Ruffians discovered to be coming from a Gated Community. A secret door and passage was found and the party gained entrance to the main house

Main Quest Accepted

Significant NPCs (Basic information) PCs reference your notes for detailed information:
Leeric (Human Bard)
Carolus and Artemus (Gnome twins illusionists)
Ananta (Ancient Dragonborn Paladin/Cleric)

Alexistina
November 30th, 2020, 00:38
Greetings. I am looking for a game but, I have a question. What days and times are you set to play?

Quickkilll
November 30th, 2020, 02:53
I also am interested in joining a FR game.

DeDollo
November 30th, 2020, 15:29
hey i sent you a DM, im very interested! let me know :)

Psyborg
November 30th, 2020, 18:09
I found another game, but best wishes and great gaming to you all.

SmoothHenry
November 30th, 2020, 18:46
Interested depending on day and time.

espanRebel
December 1st, 2020, 00:04
I am interested also depending on the night and time.

E c l i p s e
December 1st, 2020, 00:40
Welcome everyone
My apologies for not posting the time, I’m working Monday to Friday so Saturday evening is really all I have. Please respond if that works for you

SmoothHenry
December 1st, 2020, 01:07
Saturdays 8pm agrees with me. Splinter would be honored to join Leeric and fills his pockets with shiny coins.

E c l i p s e
December 2nd, 2020, 03:11
Awesome Splinter stay tuned ����

E c l i p s e
December 2nd, 2020, 04:10
Ok a party of 2 so far of hopefully 5 even 6

I plan on writing a bit this Saturday to attract more players and to give you a real good idea of what to expect and might help you to decide what character to create. I personally don’t care outside of creating a character not able to carry a pack of gear

seekingone
December 2nd, 2020, 06:06
Any time Saturdays are good for me. I have never played D&D before. Is that okay?

TomServo
December 2nd, 2020, 16:23
I'd be down. Starting this Saturday?

E c l i p s e
December 3rd, 2020, 15:32
I actually planned on starting this the beginning of January

Also added details at the bottom of post #1

E c l i p s e
December 3rd, 2020, 21:52
seekingone please look in your inbox here

E c l i p s e
December 3rd, 2020, 21:54
I'd be down. Starting this Saturday?

TomServo I think it'll take a while to get the entire party all ready to go, just a guess would be the first weekend in January

Glorwin
December 4th, 2020, 00:03
If you could start at 9 pm I would be able too join.

E c l i p s e
December 4th, 2020, 16:12
If you could start at 9 pm I would be able too join.

What time zone EST?

Glorwin
December 5th, 2020, 00:59
Yes 9 pm est

Mikenelson28
December 5th, 2020, 02:10
If you have room I like to give to a go

E c l i p s e
December 6th, 2020, 01:55
if you have room i like to give to a go

8pm est?

E c l i p s e
December 6th, 2020, 22:18
Icebreaker1221
SmoothHenry

2 confirmed players so far

Mikenelson28 Can you confirm?

Mikenelson28
December 7th, 2020, 12:17
Yes confirm

E c l i p s e
December 7th, 2020, 15:55
Icebreaker1221
SmoothHenry :cool:
Mikenelson28 :cool:
Kurrgen :cool:

3 confirmed players so far which is basically 1 shy of the average party

I would like to start with Discord audio then video if all agree for at least the first session 0 then incorporate Fantasy Grounds Unity (ultimate license with all needed books)

I have a lot of Forgotten Realms atlas maps, area and Battle maps to load into FGU which will take a little time which is why I wanted to start in January

Everyone have Discord and FGU?

SmoothHenry
December 7th, 2020, 17:34
Yes to both.

Mikenelson28
December 7th, 2020, 21:31
Yes

Mikenelson28
December 7th, 2020, 22:08
Mikenelson28#4439

Kurrgen
December 8th, 2020, 02:08
I would be interested in playing if there is still room. Saturday's would work great for me. I haven't played since 4e came out, but have spent the last month or so familiarizing myself with the new system and with fantasy grounds.

E c l i p s e
December 8th, 2020, 13:15
I would be interested in playing if there is still room. Saturday's would work great for me. I haven't played since 4e came out, but have spent the last month or so familiarizing myself with the new system and with fantasy grounds.

That is Great news! Yes you would be the 4th player. Do you have FGU and Discord?

Kurrgen
December 8th, 2020, 14:12
Yes, both

E c l i p s e
December 8th, 2020, 15:40
Icebreaker1221
Can you confirm you have FGU

E c l i p s e
December 8th, 2020, 19:51
Please begin chatting about what character you would like to bring to this sandbox campaign. Standard 5e characters unless all would like to use the new addon books like Volo, Swordcoast and so on but all must be in agreement.

To give you a good idea what to expect in this campaign, it is a very long journey from Eastern Faerun to the sword coast, there isn't any time restraints as I have written in a way that you arrive on time regardless of the gameplay, in fact you will have the opportunity to visit anywhere in the Forgotten Realms you want and at any time and collect Rare and upgraded weapons and powerful items to better prepare you for challenges you'll face, keep in mind if you want to visit places like The Great Glacier or the desserts of Shaar you best be prepared other than that please have the common items most characters would have and a specialty items your character needs for his skillset.

There will be a fairly equal mix of combat and Encounters you may or may not choose to engage and lots of key NPCs providing you with information that will help guide your way including My Bard Leeric Pluckstring who aspires to be as great and famous as Volo or Elminster who among others are present despite their varied timelines.

Your adventure begins in Dracowyr (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Dracowyr) near Murghôm that is after your solo journey to that location from your home location somewhere near the Brightstar Lake which I hope you'll share with our group, Which is basically your opportunity to showcase what you like in a D&D game, maybe single highhandedly dispatching a party of Bandits or how you made off with a rich person's artifact, whatever your imagination comes up with. After this it is my turn to take you the rest of the way, so to speak.

Mikenelson28
December 8th, 2020, 20:17
Do you want to use discord for that or on here

E c l i p s e
December 8th, 2020, 21:58
Do you want to use discord for that or on here

Let's do that here

I actually just was messaged by Icebreaker1221 he found a different game and left this one

Mikenelson28
December 8th, 2020, 22:11
I'm thinking dwarven war cleric

Mikenelson28
December 8th, 2020, 22:40
And we are starting at lvl 1

Kurrgen
December 8th, 2020, 23:40
That is a ways to the east, took me a while to find a map that showed the area.

Kurrgen
December 8th, 2020, 23:58
My initial character thoughts were, Naginata (Glaive) wielding samurai, A divine sorcerer (shugenja), or a ranger or rogue stealth archer type, but we are not starting quite that far to the east.

E c l i p s e
December 9th, 2020, 01:25
Regarding maps, I will provide extremely detailed maps here or email which will also include a recap of the previous session.

Don’t worry we will get a 4th player I’m sure of just work out what the 3 of you guys want to be and when we launch FGU we will create those characters, and at that time you will each choose which way you want to roll your stats, point buy, rolling for each etc.

E c l i p s e
December 9th, 2020, 01:29
As I stated previously standard characters phb unless everyone agrees with the use of other addons

JaymzLuke
December 9th, 2020, 05:51
Hey interested in joining the game if still available. Read through the whole post. Saturday nights work for me but not until about 8pm CST which is 9pm EST. If that works for the group I would love to join on a weekly basis. Have lots of experience with 5th ed. Moderate experience with old FG but this would be my first campaign using FGU. But if still open let me know.

E c l i p s e
December 9th, 2020, 12:15
Can everyone do 9pm EST?

E c l i p s e
December 9th, 2020, 12:34
As you most likely know FR is broken up into many different regions (Hoard Lands, Sword Coast and so on) this is important as in this Campaign each of these Regions are distinctly different and while we are in one region we can play consecutive Saturdays (3 hour +/- 1 hour) although if we enter a new “Realm” we will that next Session for preparation and if discussions are required we would do that here. This thread should remain open and used for communication between PCs and I will use this for letters to be given to you or fresh offline map

Kurrgen
December 9th, 2020, 13:19
9 PM est works for me

Mikenelson28
December 9th, 2020, 23:43
Hey I can't find the town on the map

Kurrgen
December 10th, 2020, 00:07
i think dracowyr is floating above the area, so we just need to be in the area of brightstar lake.

Mikenelson28
December 10th, 2020, 00:08
Oh ok

Kurrgen
December 10th, 2020, 00:15
I think i am going to play a wild elf ranger from the great wild wood tracking a poacher into the area.

Mikenelson28
December 10th, 2020, 00:37
I'm going dwarf war cleric of clangddin silverbeard Angus Blackiron from the copper mountains

Kurrgen
December 10th, 2020, 02:43
Would anyone be opposed to using the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide as an addon. I am interested in using the urban bounty hunter background as it is a better fit for a ranger who would have the skills to track his quarry into an urban environment. Spy or Urchin just don't seem to be as fitting.

Mikenelson28
December 10th, 2020, 03:14
I dont have a problem with using any of the books as add ons

E c l i p s e
December 10th, 2020, 13:53
i think dracowyr is floating above the area, so we just need to be in the area of brightstar lake.
I've seen a couple references placing it SW of The Great Wild Wood, it is a significant Plot hook but the exact location isn't really important as it is North of the BrightStar Lake which is significant to where I would like us to start (more on that shortly)

Kurrgen
December 10th, 2020, 14:59
That's kinda what I figured. My backstory is I'm tracking a poacher, a pretty noble who trophy hunted a white stag in the great wild wood, i would like to return the poisoned arrow he used to kill it.

E c l i p s e
December 10th, 2020, 15:02
I'm old school sitting around a table role playing, this new stuff Like FGU is new to me but as I said it is just a step towards a new way of doing things, over the next few weeks I'll have a good understanding of how it and Discord all works together DO YOU GUYS WANT TO INCORPORATE VIDEO USING DISCORD?

I didn't want us to start in a TAVERN I wanted to be more imaginative and thus allow you to be more imaginative (optional) as characters have their own story up to this point this gives you and option to showcase your character. We will create a new level 1 character but don't let that limit your imagination, see it as you are a level one in the eyes of your fellow characters, if you have a great background you were or rather are greater than that, In this Campaign you are already in Hero status and is why your presence has been requested in Dracowyr. Look around Brightstar Lake (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJ8buaWG-jmgqBaba-uzrjXA0AXKw?e=TN4GS8), lots of towns and villages, I'm not saying you have to be from one of these area I'm just hoping you would use one of these areas as your launch point.

Rules, I stated 5e because it is the current ruleset and we will use as much of these Rules as YOU deem required as for me I will overlook rules if it limits our experience. Please look forward to me stuttering and stammering at the beginning until I get used to using a mic, adjusting its volume, new platform and so on lol but at some point I'll get comfortable and the magic will begin, I have been told by a few that I have great imagination and patients most don't have.

E c l i p s e
December 10th, 2020, 15:58
OOC
I am Bard Leeric Pluckstring (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBeMECDHribD0Aas2iFIvPOkFHyC4CsV/view?usp=sharing), my instrument The Doss Lute (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wu0p95TsLpdkKDtqDOZtsiWAOqZFTY8C/view?usp=sharing) it can do much more than just make music. I hail from Uman of SEMPHAR and must now travel to Dracowyr

Several hours in and all is well. I’ve finally reached the Brightstar Trail.
It's very flat terrain here and I thought I might have seen another traveler ahead but he is just beyond my vision. My stride is strong, the weight I carry is heavy but not cumbersome, my mind constantly running over and over "why me” and that bit about the wind (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJ8buaWG-jmgp9ONsq0Ty9MNeZLcQ).
I see a Giant Roc has spotted me, occasionally he swooping in lower, close enough to lock eyes for a second then ascends again out of arrow's range, it is staying in sight, maybe he thinks I’m dinner.

I saw that traveler again but it doesn't appear I'm gaining any ground on him. It's now Mid-day as I enter the "Plain of Heroes" where I see a sign advertising a Tough man contest today with a First Place Prize a Horse! Not long after I arrive at this location and submit my name, I soon discover I'm to fight their local Champion, this should be interesting as I am a lover not a fighter.
A young boy taps on my shoulder and points over there where I'm to wait until this match starts.

I'm quickly pushed into this makeshift ring and now see who I am to fight, the ring master gives us a sign to approach him and in common announces our names and the matches' rules and quickly running aside yelling "Begin!" My opponent is short being a head shorter but very stout with the goofiest smile I've ever seen making me want to bust out into laughter. He gets off a great swing just missing my head but connects good right in my gut, I double back a few steps and he pursued swinging a strong left I barely managed to block just then I heard that Roc squawk behind and above.

I awake to a tap on my shoulder and I groan, I find a silver coin pressed into my swollen eye socket as I focus on a young boy crouched beside me, he said in a laughing tone, "well you won second place then" looking wantingly at that silver piece.
He said I have a Donkey, I sit up and shake off the dirt from my slumber and said What?
If you entered to win that horse I can join you and we can use my donkey for that Silver coin you have jammed into your eye socket. Where ya going? I heard you say Dragon.
I'm not taking you with me, how old are you?
I'm 9 I'll be 10 putting his hand on his cheek pondering how soon
9! I'm not taking you or your Donkey anywhere, just then the lad reaches behind and pulls out a dagger dragging the full length of it blade across my shoulder with one hand and with the other grabbing that Silver coin between his finger and thumb.

Mikenelson28
December 10th, 2020, 22:12
I like the idea that maybe it doesn't stay in one place it kinda just floats around

Kurrgen
December 10th, 2020, 22:40
Looking forward to finding out.

Mikenelson28
December 10th, 2020, 22:54
Kinda like those mountains in avatar

SmoothHenry
December 11th, 2020, 06:23
Hey guys. Sry for delay, got tied up at work lately. I have no issues with 9pm as asked by J. Also no problems with using Swordcoast guide. I do not possess a web cam, so video is not possible at this time. Lastly, I am going with a half orc fighter called Splinter. I believe remains the bg story:

I never felt at ease in a human led city. The disdained looks of nobles crossing my gaze, the constent insults of managers and chiefs on work sites. Even dwelling amongst the hundreds of us in Waterdeep. A community of slaves, prisoners of wars, outcasts, neglecteds, rejecteds half orcs. Those of us without a clan, stolen from their cribs, defeated in battles or bought out for their brawn. We were used, abused, as construction workers, deck hands, dock laborers. Menial. Tedious. Often for a meager silver a month or less. I yearned for action, a different life.

I left Waterdeep, enrolled on a boat, worked for my passage, travelled north in search of conflicts, battles, skirmishes, clashes, anything to feel alive. Calling upon the guidance of Ilnevar, god of war and destruction, I learn tactics, strategy and warmongering, swapping stories with any adventurers I meet. To nourish the burning rage that is strenghtening. Mercenary. Soldier of fortune. A better fate then stone cutter.

E c l i p s e
December 11th, 2020, 17:44
I like the idea that maybe it doesn't stay in one place it kinda just floats around

Haha that's brilliant!

Lerxst
December 12th, 2020, 03:53
Hi Eclipse, this look very interesting. I have read through thread and I think you may have 4 players but a couple only responded once. Any way, I can do 9 PM Eastern (8 PM for me) on most, if not all, Saturdays for a foreseeable period. I too am new to FGU. My live games obviously dried up with Covid, so decided to look into online. I have played DND for years. More familiar with the Sword Coast/Neverwinter region, but they don't call it adventuring for nothing. So would be interested in playing. I have web cam and speakers. Also all the major source books (mix of hard copy and PDF) Looks like so far it is PHB and SSAG for character creation. Though method of ability score determination does not look settled upon. Unless I missed that. Can start when you can. Let me know. If thumbs up, I'll work up a character. Thinking Battlemaster, Rogue or Monk at this time. I'm not familiar with the start area but could make my character from there though with a generic background if that helps the story start. Thanks.

E c l i p s e
December 12th, 2020, 21:53
Hi Eclipse, this look very interesting. I have read through thread and I think you may have 4 players but a couple only responded once. Any way, I can do 9 PM Eastern (8 PM for me) on most, if not all, Saturdays for a foreseeable period. I too am new to FGU. My live games obviously dried up with Covid, so decided to look into online. I have played DND for years. More familiar with the Sword Coast/Neverwinter region, but they don't call it adventuring for nothing. So would be interested in playing. I have web cam and speakers. Also all the major source books (mix of hard copy and PDF) Looks like so far it is PHB and SSAG for character creation. Though method of ability score determination does not look settled upon. Unless I missed that. Can start when you can. Let me know. If thumbs up, I'll work up a character. Thinking Battlemaster, Rogue or Monk at this time. I'm not familiar with the start area but could make my character from there though with a generic background if that helps the story start. Thanks.
Yes we have 4 players but originally hoping for 5. Welcome aboard!

Tosari
December 13th, 2020, 02:16
Hello to all my fellow players. I spoke with our DM a couple of days ago and agreed to meet on Jan 2nd to hear about the campaign and create characters. I look forward to meeting you all then.

SmoothHenry
December 13th, 2020, 03:58
Welcome !

Kurrgen
December 13th, 2020, 13:51
Nice, looking forward to a grand adventure with you all.

E c l i p s e
December 13th, 2020, 16:56
PCs
SmoothHenry
Mikenelson28
Kurrgen
Lerxt
JaymzLuke
seekingone

Post #2 merged into Post #1

Post #2 becomes current status/reference, it will contain the recap of the last session, Quests completed, Quest underway and Open Quests, it will also contain the map of the PCs current location and lines on this map if a particular direction or place was discussed and any other information deemed important enough to keep track of.

E c l i p s e
December 13th, 2020, 17:45
Update;

Please PM me your PC's name, I don't need to know what your class it will be because during Session 0 you may or may not want to change that based on what you get from Session 0.
I want time to relate your username to your player character name then I only need to relate your voice in game.

I have created wotr test campaign and so far I see nothing difficult about FGU although I would like to know how much of FGU you were hoping to use during this campaign? Looking at the size of Faerûn from East to West I don't see us using it to travel but it will be perfect for Encounters and locations where stealth will be a matter of survival.
I don't see using it for every building you enter unless it contains encounters but regarding this would queue you in that there in fact is an encounter in this building (What is your opinions on this?) And there are 100s if not 1000s of camps, farms, villages, towns, Cities, Capitols. Maps, maps and more maps.

Hopefully all 6 of you will want to accept this first Quest, it was created in my heading for a large party of 6, (I even had planned on a 7th player(EVIL) to be employed by the antagonist but dropped the idea) so we are where I was hoping we would be. I understand for the most D&D adventure is made up of a party of 3 or 4 and basic encounters (CR) is geared towards that, but please trust me when I say that would not be enough here.

Lerxst
December 13th, 2020, 22:18
Excellent. And thanks. Catch you all in the new year. Will reply via PM with the info requested and thoughts on FG use.

E c l i p s e
December 17th, 2020, 13:59
Hello just checking in with everyone. Everyone still here?

Revamped post #1 and #2

Post #2 will be where you'll be able to find a Recap, notes and open Quests and so on

Mikenelson28
December 17th, 2020, 14:24
Yes

SmoothHenry
December 17th, 2020, 14:33
Yes, alive and kicking

Kurrgen
December 17th, 2020, 16:55
Yea, still checking in

Lerxst
December 17th, 2020, 18:19
Yep. And also been watching some YouTube vids on basic FG functionality from the PC perspective since I will be an FG noob. But have Roll20 experience so should not be the biggest learning curve for me.

E c l i p s e
December 18th, 2020, 19:26
Tonight about 7pm EST I'm loading up my sample wotr test for a few hours to tinker with it. In addition all day and most of the night Saturday
Just look for the DM field and enter E C L I P S E and it will join this game

I am loading maps in and applying grids to them tonight and working with encounters all day tomorrow. if you are board and want to hangout there please join
Thanks

Lerxst
December 19th, 2020, 03:06
Got tied up. Just tried to get in 10PM your time and it shows you're offline. Will try again tomorrow.

SmoothHenry
December 19th, 2020, 17:36
Make sure it's public or we won't see it in the list. Also there is usually a password to connect to it. Without it we can't join.

E c l i p s e
December 19th, 2020, 17:45
Can you guys join me on Discord today for a little chat about this game FGU and rules in General. Thanks

E c l i p s e
December 20th, 2020, 05:04
Thank you SmoothHenry for showing me around FGU today, I certainly would not have gotten this far into this without you!

And thanks to several other players that loaded up wotr today creating their characters. I will have wotr up again early tomorrow all day long including Discord (link above)

I shared a good bit of the story today, for those that didn't hear this, here is a recap;

A Great Wizard has created his own version of the Weave, it lies between all Wizards and the original Weave, it limits all wizards to level 1 spells but gives them a variety of new spells of his creation and in addition, though this Weave he has taken control of all of them, creating a pilgrimage to Waterdeep regardless of where they were, they are not like zombies but are truly compelled to take this journey and anyone or anything standing in their way is considered their enemy. This establishes the basis of good versus evil even if their natural alignment isn't so, but what they are doing voluntarily or involuntarily is.

Who this Great Wizard is, what he is planning, why your presence has been requested to journey to Dracowyr will be told to you shortly after you arrive there.

SmoothHenry
December 21st, 2020, 16:42
YW, glad I could help.

JaymzLuke
December 23rd, 2020, 05:10
Hey sorry just caught up on everything. I will begin the process of thinking of a character and send the required info once I got something. Saturday work for me at the time. I am also cool with any of the WotC add-ons. I tried using the discord link but it has already expired but I will start checking this forum everyday to so if you post it again I will make sure to join. Look forward to this campaign.

SmoothHenry
December 23rd, 2020, 14:45
link removed

JaymzLuke
December 24th, 2020, 22:14
I know most people said they don't care I just wanted to make sure its cool if we used XGtE I was wanting to play a half-elf sorcerer/cleric using the divine soul for sorcerer.

SmoothHenry
December 24th, 2020, 22:22
Eclipse accepts any books as far as I know.

Kurrgen
December 24th, 2020, 23:35
you might want to talk to eclipse as arcane casters may have some caveats with the way the arcane weave works.

JaymzLuke
December 24th, 2020, 23:56
Okay well I will wait to hear what he says then.

E c l i p s e
December 26th, 2020, 02:40
I am not going to make the January 2nd goal unfortunately. On the DM side I must still create in FGU the NPC characters you would meet initially. The antagonist and build specific enemy NPCs you would meet early on in this story, that isn't really a big deal, it just takes some time. However the things that will take time are creating the Quests, Parcels (Experience, Loot and the unique Items in them), and linking it all together in the "Story Tab", not to mention Stores, Blacksmith shops where your Gold would actually be deducted when items are purchased.

I want to work steadily towards these goals, but I honestly don't know how long this will take to complete or be far enough along to get by. I don't want to get started, only to find out not enough stuff is completed and essentially wasting everyone’s time.

I have a well written outline of this story, and after that I did my homework and was elated to find much of my ideas coincided with actual subjects I found in Wiki. I just hashed out the beginning, middle, and end, what this antagonist is doing and why, and how it affects the world before, during and after and your role in the story. I am accustomed to improvising on the fly and comfortable narrating, NPCs, encounters and moving the story forward. Sorry for the delay, I hope all of you are patient and stay on, but I understand if you don't.

Below I will describe this story in detail just to solidify your desire to stay. Please do not hesitate to ask me questions about anything, for example, if this was an official module, you could read as much of that content as you wish.

The story is complete regardless of which path(s) you choose to travel
and I'm considering this 10% of the progress.

Here we go!

Vangerdahast Aeiulvana (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Vangerdahast_Aeiulvana) has learned every spell known that can be cast and has crafted many of his own and now feels he is wasting away not being about to learn more. Months turn into years as he descends into his own madness, his health declines and compulsive disorders consume him relentlessly. He decides to take up residence in Waterdeep and meets the Great Thief Shade Ironbane, he devises a plan.

Deep in the catacombs of the Library-Fortress of Candlekeep holds a few ancient magic scrolls of Shar the creator of the Shadow Weave (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Shadow_Weave)and the original Nether Scrolls (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Nether_Scrolls). To enter Candlekeep and in particular the Library Catacombs, Shade would need to donate an extremely valuable tome which Vanger gladly provides in addition, a special bag of holding which teleports magical items directly to Vanger’s hands. The task is easily accomplished and Shade becomes Lord Ironbane, abolished of all his past crimes and his new bag of holding filled to its magical capacity with platinum.

With these scrolls, Vanger creates his own Weave, compelling all Wizards to pilgrimage to Waterdeep. They are under the impression that they will, for the first time in Realm’s history, combine their magical powers to do something that will improve all humanoid kind, but this ritual spell will actually summon Tiamat. The genius of Vanger's plan occurs inside of Waterdeep where Ahghairon's Dragonward (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Ahghairon%27s_dragonward) is still protecting the old city, and will cause Tiamat disadvantage, allowing Vanger to transfer Tiamat’s Deity status to himself.

Bahamut sees all and knows he can do little inside Waterdeep without an official invitation, so he asks you, in his name, to prevent this from happening. This simultaneously creates a good vs evil (per say) war, another battle between Bahamut and Tiamat.

There are essentially as many good NPCs as there are Wizards, everyone coming from their own regions and creating parties as they meet. The dilemma is, these wizards again are under the impression they are going to be doing a great good, and we are bent on stopping them! Who is really evil? To make things even more complicated, you must escort two 7 year old twin Gnomes to Waterdeep, they are the key to success, and the real magic of this story.

Kurrgen
December 26th, 2020, 03:48
Sounds cool.

E c l i p s e
December 26th, 2020, 23:39
New Discord invite
See post#2

E c l i p s e
December 31st, 2020, 16:40
I know most people said they don't care I just wanted to make sure its cool if we used XGtE I was wanting to play a half-elf sorcerer/cleric using the divine soul for sorcerer.

That perfect, I have it loaded in the Campaign already

E c l i p s e
December 31st, 2020, 16:46
Working more this weekend to get us closer to an actual start date. I honestly didn't realize all that has to be done when it is a Homebrew, but just a note I do have several Modules I am loading to quicken the pace but still I need to customize the stats on those kind of things

Post#2 will be where I post my updates/ progress

E c l i p s e
December 31st, 2020, 21:22
Here watch this so we all know what not to do during game play lol
https://youtu.be/ANdG2DGm0CQ

Kurrgen
December 31st, 2020, 22:01
that was good, lol. unfortunately i have had games go that way.

Varlun
January 1st, 2021, 22:31
Happy to have joined the group

SmoothHenry
January 1st, 2021, 23:10
Happy to have joined the group

Welcome.

E c l i p s e
January 4th, 2021, 23:18
Ok Guys we can start this on 1/9 if everyone is on par with that, if not 1/16

Our first session "session 0" will be on Discord with FGU on in the background for those wanting to create/refine their Character
Please confirm here because I don't have Discord at work

Kurrgen
January 5th, 2021, 00:33
either works for me.

E c l i p s e
January 5th, 2021, 21:01
So far it looks like 2 or 3 players?

SmoothHenry
January 6th, 2021, 03:17
I can't on the 9th, but don't let that stop anything. I can catch up l8er.

E c l i p s e
January 6th, 2021, 12:34
Based on response level I’ll say 1/16

On 1/9 FGU will be up and Discord. For those that can be on we will knock out your portion of session 0 so less to do on 1/16

E c l i p s e
January 6th, 2021, 12:42
Post #1 updated

Alyxial
January 8th, 2021, 11:45
If you guys still have any room I'm definitely keen to join. I'm in Australia but the EST time you have is good for me (:

E c l i p s e
January 8th, 2021, 12:43
If you guys still have any room I'm definitely keen to join. I'm in Australia but the EST time you have is good for me (:
1600hr 9/1 please join or Discord session, scroll up for the invitation and Welcome!

E c l i p s e
January 9th, 2021, 22:55
Pease join me tonight on Discord, Basic first discussion and Q&A, Character building on FGU in the background. Hope to see you there

anotherguy
January 10th, 2021, 17:51
hi i would love to join, im a new player but i know how the game works (no, i didnt just watch the whole jocat series) and how to make a character, also the time and day works for me too.

E c l i p s e
January 10th, 2021, 20:23
hi i would love to join, im a new player but i know how the game works (no, i didnt just watch the whole jocat series) and how to make a character, also the time and day works for me too.

Good day adventurer. I sent you a private message please have a look

E c l i p s e
January 10th, 2021, 20:51
Greetings everyone

1) Based on preparing for our fist official Session I realized almost immediately we must use the Original Forgotten Realms Map also Hi-Rez (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jE_ptfVe641nHGAyLLB2lpwDUqs5mRNI/view?usp=sharing) and the Realm areas map (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MU_9LYK7s-ivG8-JfeE7TvaLvFcUmBuW/view?usp=sharing)

The ones we have been looking at I believe will be best used for future adventures as many of the cities they added to these maps are not yet in the Wizards of the Coast official material or Forgotten Realms Wiki
The down side to this is it doesn't have as much detail but in my opinion this is even better, I know of a saying "less is more"

2) Based on the subject of travel covered in Session 0 I have came up with I think a very good solution which I will after our opening narrative cover in detail.

Will be updating Post #2 shortly More details to follow

E c l i p s e
January 13th, 2021, 12:53
Winds of the Realms server is up and will stay on for anyone needing to access it

E c l i p s e
January 13th, 2021, 20:55
Update
SmoothHenry unfortunately has difficulties with Saturday but Anotherguy is ready to roll ����

AnonOmega
January 13th, 2021, 21:21
I am interested if there is still a seat available weekends are completely open for me.

E c l i p s e
January 17th, 2021, 05:15
Post #2 Update

This will be updated after every session

cyberey
January 17th, 2021, 13:52
I would also be interested. I am an experienced player

E c l i p s e
January 17th, 2021, 18:29

E c l i p s e
February 3rd, 2021, 12:40
Looking for a player preferably a Cleric/Healer

luckstang7
February 3rd, 2021, 12:56
Hello,

I'm interested, if you're still looking.

E c l i p s e
February 3rd, 2021, 15:02
Hello,

I'm interested, if you're still looking.

Awesome! We play Saturday evening 8pm EST
We will be playing every Saturday unless we enter a new "Region" as is being now in "The Horde lands" and entering "Thay" for example, we would take the next Saturday off (for prep and discussions)
We play 3 hours
Are you interested in being a new Cleric or was hoping to choose your own Character class? The party is still Level 1
Currently we don't have a Healer anymore

luckstang7
February 3rd, 2021, 17:17
I'm definitely open to being a cleric!

E c l i p s e
February 3rd, 2021, 19:49
I'm definitely open to being a cleric!

Check the top of this page for a private message from me

E c l i p s e
February 28th, 2021, 04:54
Player Needed, (start at level 3)
See Post #2 for current players’ classes
Please message here for details thanks

E c l i p s e
March 2nd, 2021, 20:50
Need a new player here, any Race/Class except Arcane magic users (Wizards)
Details post#1 & 2

HWCarver
March 3rd, 2021, 11:54
Need a new player here, any Race/Class except Arcane magic users (Wizards)
Details post#1 & 2

Hi, Eclipse. Your game sounds very interesting to me. I've played and read a fair bit of Forgotten Realms and very much like the Heroic Epic mode. Is there any chance you might be able to move your start time back? I'm in UTC -5 also, but my work schedule has me waking up around 0500-0530 and my brain starts puddling out in the late evening. My LFG post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66333-LFG-1-Player-UTC-5-LF-weekend-game-PF2e-preferred) is a pitch for Pathfinder 2e games, but I'm still playing some 5e and would be quite happy to do so if it meant finally finding a long, good-guys story arc. I won't even touch my life-long, way pre-Original Box D&D, love of dragons.

E c l i p s e
March 3rd, 2021, 16:21
Hello HGCarver
Unfortunately the timing is perfect for this group, we play 3 hours but sometimes 4. Starting at 8pm EST
This sounds like it would be too late for you
Do you work on the weekends?

GLDavis
March 3rd, 2021, 17:21
I am a mature player with DnD experience back to Basic. I live in a small town so finding a live game was rare. I have played numerous CRPG, many based on DnD. I recently downloaded FGU and do not have a lot of experience with it. I have been taking classed with FGC so I am starting to get the hang of it. I am in UTC-5 and have Saturday evenings free. All this to say I'm interested, very interested.

E c l i p s e
March 4th, 2021, 00:08
I am a mature player with DnD experience back to Basic. I live in a small town so finding a live game was rare. I have played numerous CRPG, many based on DnD. I recently downloaded FGU and do not have a lot of experience with it. I have been taking classed with FGC so I am starting to get the hang of it. I am in UTC-5 and have Saturday evenings free. All this to say I'm interested, very interested.

Ah I'm sorry, a player whispered me much earlier and really wants the spot, But please stay subscribed just in case you never know,
anyway, thank you for your interest!

E c l i p s e
March 4th, 2021, 19:31

Good afternoon GLDAVIS
If you are still interested you are in. Any Class/Race you want except Arcane magic users (Wizards)
Our Fighters personal life just took a turn

E c l i p s e
March 4th, 2021, 19:42
Player Needed for Saturday 8pm EST game
See Post #2 for current players’ classes
Currently session 6

GLDavis
March 4th, 2021, 21:00
Cool, do you want me to build my character then export it and send it to you?

E c l i p s e
March 4th, 2021, 21:58
Cool, do you want me to build my character then export it and send it to you?

I will have the Campaign open all day tomorrow and Saturday, you can use your choice of ability rolls, point buy, rolls, SA
Details when I get home about an hour

GLDavis
March 4th, 2021, 22:13
Thank you, I am excited!

E c l i p s e
March 29th, 2021, 13:04
Looking for a player
I recommend a Melee character but not opposed to whatever you really want to play

Current party is Level 3 so you would be a Level 3 to start
Wylynd Half Elf Ranger
Garion Warlock
Soren Half Elf Rogue
Lyssyl Hill Dwarf Cleric
Arjan Dragonborn Monk

jfg1984
March 29th, 2021, 15:29
Looking for a player
I recommend a Melee character but not opposed to whatever you really want to play

Current party is Level 3 so you would be a Level 3 to start
Wylynd Half Elf Ranger
Garion Warlock
Soren Half Elf Rogue
Lyssyl Hill Dwarf Cleric
Arjan Dragonborn Monk

I'd be down to play, been running a long standing Forgotten Realms campaign myself the past 3 years.
I'll send you a PM.

E c l i p s e
April 10th, 2021, 01:11
Looking for a new player
See post#2 for current party
No arcane spell casters (Wizards)

E c l i p s e
April 12th, 2021, 21:34
Still looking for a new player

E c l i p s e
April 15th, 2021, 10:55
FGU Sandbox game with an antagonist BB ArchMage
Looking for 1 or 2 players

E c l i p s e
April 17th, 2021, 14:21
Players needed for Forgetting Realms Sandbox

rhoule6819
April 17th, 2021, 18:11
I would be interested in Playing Most of my experience is in PF/PF2E but have played 5e as well. I am a long time GM just looking for a game where I can be a player in as well as its been many years. I am pretty open to playing what ever and enjoy rolling dice and telling epic stories together. Feel free to send me a message here or on discord, my discord name is RyanH#2650

E c l i p s e
April 22nd, 2021, 16:34
I would be interested in Playing Most of my experience is in PF/PF2E but have played 5e as well. I am a long time GM just looking for a game where I can be a player in as well as its been many years. I am pretty open to playing what ever and enjoy rolling dice and telling epic stories together. Feel free to send me a message here or on discord, my discord name is RyanH#2650
Didn’t find your account, please search mine

Eclipse#8592

E c l i p s e
April 23rd, 2021, 11:15
Still looking for a long term player, Saturday 8pm EST
Forgotten Realms Sandbox Campaign with an Antagonist.

PC choice is wide open excluding Wizards (Arcane magic casters)

The story is there but doesn’t control the game, details Post#1, 2, links also there for additional background info

E c l i p s e
April 29th, 2021, 11:35
Found some time to fill in a good chunk of past session Recaps.
Currently the Party is in SE Thay and Wylynd in Waterdeep facing their Antagonist

E c l i p s e
May 14th, 2021, 12:34
I’m still looking for a player, no experience necessary
No Arcane spellcaster (Wizard) anything else is ok

E c l i p s e
May 17th, 2021, 15:48
This is a Sandbox campaign, the players tell me where they would like to go and I work in the official "lore" of that region or location, all maps a built by me unless I find an official map of said city or the description of it is tells me enough to recreate it. On top of that there is a Main Story and Antagonist but this doesn't effect gameplay unit the party wants it to.

I'm a new DM so if you compare me to an experienced DM you will not likely be happy, alternatively if you want to travel from place to place in the Forgotten Realms where every region within is unique, you will feel that, this I can do well, Improvising is easy for me, voice acting is not so much. Anyway the experience is about your character everywhere your party travels.

if this and the first few posts here sound interesting please friend me on Discord to chat Eclipse#8592

E c l i p s e
June 1st, 2021, 21:16
Still looking for a player. Game is still in very early stage, Characters just made level 4

E c l i p s e
June 21st, 2021, 12:43
Still looking for a player. Game is still in very early stage, Characters just made level 4
New to Fantasy Grounds or D&D this is for you! just reply here

Phithis
June 21st, 2021, 16:36
I'd be interested. When do you guys play?

E c l i p s e
June 21st, 2021, 20:42
Saturday nights 8pm EST

There are 2 Campaigns that run every other week from each other. Mine is a Sandbox player driven game and the opposite week is a "Pirate Themed" Module, it is great!

Game is currently full

E c l i p s e
September 1st, 2021, 17:59
Game on hold until 16 Oct
plays Saturday 8PM (New York time) every third week. Sandbox with a Deep no Rush Story. Also 2 of the players are DMing the alternate week this runs. Curse of Straud DM luckstang (this is about 3 sessions in) and DM Mightyestwarrior89 is running an Alien campaign based on the Alien movie series (this is just starting)
Winds
COS restarting 10/16
Aliens
repeat...
Update first line of Post#1

E c l i p s e
September 30th, 2021, 19:14
Creating Allied and NPCs to help continue this Campaign. Should resume 30 Oct

E c l i p s e
December 3rd, 2021, 17:54
I am looking for a long term player for this Forgotten Realms Sandbox adventure.
The current Party is still in the East making their way West towards the Story Arch (but there aren't in any rush for that).

The story revolves around your characters and when possible about their backstory which is currently where we are with one of the characters.

As every DM / GM is different how their game runs I will provide you with a full description and examples of sessions to see if your are interested. Pm me and we will chat
Thanks
Happy Holidays

hibbityj
December 7th, 2021, 14:29
If you still have an open spot I am interested.

E c l i p s e
December 8th, 2021, 14:20
If you still have an open spot I am interested.

Sending you a Private message

E c l i p s e
March 16th, 2022, 13:45
Greeting adventurers
I'm looking for 1 player who in interested in all 4 of the campaigns we are running (see top of post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64082-LFP-Winds-of-the-Realms&p=560759&viewfull=1#post560759)) for description of games we are playing. We play at 8PM EST (New York time) for 3 to 4 hours every weekend playing them in the listed order for the most part.

All 4 games are Hosted by the core players/DMs and are truly unique, the stories ar recapped so they are all easy to pickup where they were left off despite the 3 weeks between

Please message me only if your Saturday evenings are available.
Thanks

E c l i p s e
April 26th, 2022, 00:32
Hello Everyone
I'm looking for 2 players to add to our core group, Please see POST #1 as this is 4 alternating Campaigns (one temporarily on hold)
Each Campaign is DM'd by one of the other players and are completely unique from the others
1 The Winds of the Realms is a character driven Sandbox adventure spanning the Forgotten Realms and its official Lore, it is about 80%/20% Combat/RP
2 Curse of Strahd is is straight up CoS
3 on hold for now "No One Can Hear You Scream" This is a Homebrew base on the Aliens Movies/Games, For the most part every session the party is dispatched to a new world or area and you are given a situation report and you drop in big guns blazing!
4 Call from the Deep is a 5E Compatible Sword Coast Adventure with a mix of Sea and Land adventures, It is so fun and deadly!

If you are available every Saturday evening 8PM EST (NEW YORK TIME) PM me to chat
If you are looking for new friends to play D&D with Saturday nights WE will make sure you feel right at home.

E c l i p s e
April 26th, 2022, 15:05
Update, Looking for 1 player, see previous post

E c l i p s e
June 6th, 2022, 19:54
Update, Still Looking for 1 player, see previous post

E c l i p s e
April 14th, 2023, 15:12
Currently looking for 1 or 2 players, we could definitely use a front line PC! If you like to fight these spots are for you!

id say the mix is 80% combat 20% RP but RP depends on your character’s desire, I’ve got you covered regardless.

see details post#1. PM me for more info

E c l i p s e
April 14th, 2023, 15:14
Post#1 & #2 will be updated asap