PDA

View Full Version : Campaign won’t launch

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 21:44
Hi,

Today when I tried to log on for some reason I was showing no longer subscription ultimate but free.
I had no licence key and went I went to FG website to check order history I had none.

I have been paying subscription since July and running a campaign.

I 5hought about time to buy outright anyhoo so I bought ultimate licence in one go, added licence key and restarted. I now show as ultimate on campaign screen again.

When I try to launch my campaign it goes to starting cloud server mode then just hangs forever and I get no further.

Any help please.

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 21:51
Can you submit your logs? Click the button in the upper left corner to pop out the console and then click compile logs.
Thanks.

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 21:56
Thanks, is it the full zip you need ?

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 21:57
Yes please

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:01
Thanks again, I was also trying to install syrinscape ext but i removed that incase that was the problem

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 22:12
Can you check under Window's Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features and see if you have any programs named Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime installed... if so can you list them here?

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:22
Loads

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 22:25
Thanks. First, can you try reinstalling the Visual C++ Runtime: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe ... After that try to start up your game again. If you still have issues, please compile the logs and submit again.

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:29
Cool its started..Was it something i did?
Do you think It is safe to try the syrinscape ext again

Many many thanks

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 22:36
Hard to say ... a reboot might have even fixed it .. is that something you tried before reporting the issue? You should be ok to install your extensions now.

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:39
Yes I tried that first thing

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:40
EXT is working fine now also :)

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 22:41
Any other software changes between the last it worked and now, such as installs or uninstalls or Windows update?

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 22:44
nope the install of syrinscape mod and running syrinscape online

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 22:49
Did your issues begin after installing Syrinscape or what is already installed?

Twoguns
November 29th, 2020, 23:17
Did your issues begin after installing Syrinscape or what is already installed?

I was last on FG on Wednesday running a game and it was all good.

Today I signed up to Syrinscape, no app download just running from their website using iPad with app to monitor.
Then from DMs guild got sound triggers and chat triggers and dropped em in mod/ext folders. Then I started FG for first time since wednesday an that is when it all started. Had lost my ultimate subscription and then after purchasing the ultimate licence it Still would Not get past start cloud server...just hung up for eternity

smelton
November 29th, 2020, 23:29
Thanks for the additional info. FGU hung up because it had an issue loading a DLL that depends on the Visual C++ Runtime (which is a typically shared my several pieces of software running on Windows) .. it looks like that got messed up somehow .. Sorry I don't have more of an explanation for you.

Twoguns
November 30th, 2020, 07:11
Thanks for the additional info. FGU hung up because it had an issue loading a DLL that depends on the Visual C++ Runtime (which is a typically shared my several pieces of software running on Windows) .. it looks like that got messed up somehow .. Sorry I don't have more of an explanation for you.

Many thanks for your help.