PDA

View Full Version : lua editor/ide

Traygin
May 24th, 2007, 02:36
What are people using for an editor/ide to write lua scripts? I am using good old note pad.

nezzir
May 24th, 2007, 04:56
What are people using for an editor/ide to write lua scripts? I am using good old note pad.

I really like Ultraedit - fast, low footprint, lots of functionality.

TarynWinterblade
May 24th, 2007, 06:14
Notepad. Simple, and with lots of black text on a white background... <.<... >.>.. (no, this isn't a selling point...)

Dachannien
May 24th, 2007, 07:21
Did a bit of research on Wikipedia to come up with Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm). Includes syntax highlighting and block collapsing for lua and xml, as well as tabbed documents. Plus it's free :)

Foen
May 24th, 2007, 07:37
I'm using Visual Studio. It doesn't do any Lua syntax highlighting, but it is a familiar tool that does xml reasonably well.

Stuart
(Foen)

Doswelk
May 24th, 2007, 08:09
Did a bit of research on Wikipedia to come up with Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm). Includes syntax highlighting and block collapsing for lua and xml, as well as tabbed documents. Plus it's free :)

I aloso use Notepad++ the folding option is very useful when creating a ruleset

ldyparadox99
May 24th, 2007, 08:32
I've been using LuaEdit.

Valarian
May 24th, 2007, 08:57
JEdit (www.jedit.org) is free, and has a load of syntax highlighting and additional plugins

Tokuriku
May 24th, 2007, 09:05
Note ++ is the best

nezzir
May 24th, 2007, 14:53
Oh, I also use metapad - it's free. I replaced notepad.exe with it.

sloejack
May 24th, 2007, 20:00
for what it's worth, I replaced ultraedit with notepad++ mostly because my licensed version of UE has fallen far enough behind that notepad++ is superior. For those that use it I recommend you also install the xml plugin that will help if you do hand editing of your xml. On file open, or when invoked directly it will do syntax checking for you and help find minor problems that can lead to big annoyances in FG.