PDA

View Full Version : private sharing

greowhiste
May 23rd, 2007, 22:56
Is there a way to share a sheet with just one character? If there is, is there a way that that character knows that it has only been shared with them?

Traygin
May 24th, 2007, 02:32
I do not belive this can be done. It would be a nice addition to FG2.

Griogre
May 24th, 2007, 04:13
You could share an image, map, storybook or text frame with one or more people in FG1. I haven't tried it in FG2 but I assume it still works the same way. Just drag the item to the character portrait in the top left. You will see only that character's portrait on the bottom left of the item shared. For example to show a map to one character drag the square shortcut from the list of maps up to the character you want to share with and drop it.

If you drag chat frame text from the storybook it is sent as a whisper.

Valarian
May 24th, 2007, 09:12
Interesting ... very interesting. Thanks for this.

Griogre
May 24th, 2007, 17:40
The only wrinkle to this in FG2 is I'm not sure what happens if you have a player with more than one character and send stuff to the non active character.

greowhiste
May 24th, 2007, 20:33
The problem i think is that the person who is the only one solely viewing a shared map or image or whatever, they don't know that they are the only one seeing it. So, they may get confused or assume that everyone has been given the "secret" text, and blurt something out.

Not a big deal, but i would assume it wouldn't be too hard to have the PLAYERS actually see which portraits are at the bottom (thus, which PCs can currently view the image)

Ram Tyr
May 24th, 2007, 20:54
Alternatively, each player should not assume that other players can see anything. They certainly should not assume that what they see is the same as what others see.

If the concern is a player blurting something inappropriate out in /ooc, that solves the problem. (To the extent /ooc commentary is a problem in this particular area.)

If the concern is a character blurting something out (in character), they can say what they wish based on their environment, right? This is not really a problem. Only those other characters close enough to interact will actually interact. (Those within earshot, for example.) This is how one character might draw attention to something, resulting in other players being shown the image, map, etc.*

There are also other clues to 'solitude'...prior experience with the GM, being the only token on the map, being the only person interacting with the NPC whose image has been shared, etc.

*There is a derivative problem of the other players being able to roleplay their ignorance when the GM and another player conduct some activity through the chat that their character has no knowledge of.

Later.