PDA

View Full Version : ruleset

starrius
May 23rd, 2007, 17:50
i've been looking at this site i got the doanload of it the other day i was wondering about rulesets are these downloaded bought or somthing else.

I'm still trying to get to grips with the program atm so atm have no clue what i'm doing

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 19:07
A cut down version of the d20 ruleset comes with the download. If you play D&D you could get by with it. As FG2 just came out there are not yet many other rulesets converted over to the new format yet. Depending on what game you play this may or may not be important.

A ruleset normally just has the character sheet and some data or tables out of a source book. Most source book data is not really needed to actually play if you already know the game.

starrius
May 23rd, 2007, 19:10
atm i'm still tryin g to work out how to use fg to acually create a local char i can't seem to get to grips with it :confused:

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 19:17
Are you having a problem rolling 4d6? Just click and hold the left mouse button on the d6 and while still holding the d6 on cursor right click three more times to add 3 more d6's. Drag all these dice down to the leather strip and drop them. You should see some dice appear. Drag and drop the dice from the strip to the large box above. You can adjust the stat roller to use various number of dice - I think it default to 3d6? You do have let go of the dice in the large box for the rolls to "stick".

starrius
May 23rd, 2007, 19:28
thats for fg2 i was trying to get to grips with fg1.5 too. there seems a LOT to learn on this program

acmer
May 23rd, 2007, 19:39
I put up a game if you want to try it on my server. Address is " meek thug epic xorn " and pass is " acmer ". I'm not all the time available but I'll look occasionally if someone has questions. (I'm not very good at answering probably...)

starrius
May 23rd, 2007, 19:44
trying it's not letting me join