PDA

View Full Version : Putting Coins in a Bag of Holding

MaxAstro
November 28th, 2020, 20:03
My PCs have a lot of money, and large quantities of money are very heavy. So rather than carrying 12+ Bulk of coins, they of course want to put their money into a Bag of Holding. My problem is... I have no idea how to cancel out the Bulk from their money. It is added automatically, and there doesn't seem to be an option to get rid of it. Is there a good way to account for putting their money in a bag of holding rather than carrying it?

damned
November 28th, 2020, 23:34
Create an equipment item called Coins in the Bag of Holding
Or look at the Weight of the Coins extension and modifiy it for PF2E

MaxAstro
November 29th, 2020, 00:25
I don't think that first one would help - there doesn't seem to be a way to give an item negative Bulk.

damned
November 29th, 2020, 01:14
Just give them 0 bulk/weight?

MaxAstro
November 29th, 2020, 02:39
Oh, you mean instead of using the coins counter on the character sheet.

Yeah, I suppose I could do that. It's a pain because it would have to be manually updated every time I handed out treasure. How hard would it be to make an extension that gets rid of coin weight?

damned
November 29th, 2020, 02:58
How hard would it be to make an extension that gets rid of coin weight?

You wont know until you try.

Larsenex
December 15th, 2020, 17:04
Did anyone make or modify an extension to do this?
Dont I just have to rename the extension inside it to the new ruleset?

lostsanityreturned
December 30th, 2020, 06:49
I don't think that first one would help - there doesn't seem to be a way to give an item negative Bulk.

You can give items negative bulk, it needs to be done via the item entry / dragon link rather than in the equipment window though.

Before the current bulk simplifications I used to use it for backpacks and their ignoring the first 2 bulk.
After the bulk simplification to stowed/worn being the only two states It doesn't really matter as much.