PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk RED character sheet

aircycle
November 28th, 2020, 18:55
Hello all, been playing Fantasy Grounds for a couple of years, and been using Unity all year. Loving it. My group's current 5e game is winding down, and I've been reading the books for Cyberpunk 2020/ RED. We did a one-shot for 2020, but after getting the book for RED, we want to play a game in there. I've been trying to manually set up a CoreRPG/ MoreCore module for my own personal use, but the one hiccup I'm having is the character sheet. I don't mind if there isn't combat automation, but I would love to have a character sheet that's organized nicely and ideally have the core stats automate into the necessary skills (i.e. roll Perception with one button that adds the skill level with the INT stat). After weeks of searching in between trying to make it myself, I am unable to find anything for RED specifically. I have found something for Cyberpunk 2020, but the character sheet has changed significantly enough that I can't really use it. So, has anyone found or made a RED character sheet for CoreRPG or MoreCore? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wndrngdru
November 28th, 2020, 22:16
I know nothing about the system (other than I think they're contested d10 rolls between Player and GM), but setting up rolls to add scores together on top of a dice roll is pretty much what MoreCore does.

Check out https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html and scroll down to the Parameters and Reference fields sections. Try out a couple things and post back if you have questions. We can dig more into the specifics of what you need.

damned
November 28th, 2020, 23:07
Welcome aircycle

Im pretty sure you can do that on MoreCore as wndrngdru suggests
If you post some specific examples of the stats and rolls ill post you an example of how to achieve

aircycle
November 29th, 2020, 17:30
So, attached I have my template I made in CoreRPG and also what a standard Cyberpunk RED character sheet looks like. I was able to get the template to work in the sense that my players can manually enter the totals for the skills+respective stat. It works as much as I really need it to, but my issues are twofold.

1) I would just like it to look like a proper character sheet with the ability to have sections for the health, weapons and armor, and of course, a large section for the skills. Essentially I want it to be pretty. haha.

2) I would love to have the skills set up similarly to how it is in the 5e ruleset. Each skill has its own level, and it's linked to the necessary stat. When either is changed independently, it would be amazing for the total modifier to change (i.e. changing TECH from 4 to 5 will automatically adjust all TECH modifiers for rolls by one).

Those are the big things I'm trying to achieve. Everything else is minimal and I don't mind keeping manual if I need to, like setting up the weapons to have one button for attack and one for damage, etc. Cyberpunk has a fairly complex combat system, so I imagine without an official ruleset, it would just be too much work to implement all the automation needed for all the different types of combat rolls.

damned
November 30th, 2020, 00:36
If you want pretty you will have to make a theme and probably do at least some XML coding.

So... long story or short story

You can 100% do skills in MoreCore - but I think I have to push a new build for you - and they will stay in Sync with their Attributes

The other story is - Im going to do a few videos on building Cyberpunk RED using the Ruleset Wizard by psicodelix
Now - I dont know this system at all so Im going to need direction in terms of how things work mechanically in the system

Actually my intention is to build the Character Sheet - not a full system - Ive neither the time nor the inclination :bandit: so we will see where it ends up.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41536

aircycle
November 30th, 2020, 03:04
damn, I was worried some coding would be involved, as I am beyond unknowledgeable with regards to coding. But I suppose if I'm able to get a functional character sheet, then I can spend the time figuring out something relatively simple, like adding a theme. haha

That's awesome that you're going to do a few videos on how to build this. I didn't even know that there was a ruleset wizard! Already that looks nice!

Simply put, Cyberpunk RED is a system entirely built on a d10 and a d6. Every stat, every roll uses a d10 and d6s only really coming into play for damage. All skills are just like 5e. You take the value of the skill, add it to the value of the relevant stat, and then roll a d10. So a melee punch would be Brawling+DEX+d10. A pistol gun attack is Handgun+REF+d10 and so on and so forth. If a heavy handgun hits the target, then it does 3d6 damage.

The system considers combat very deadly and roleplaying to be the main part of the game, so there isn't a whole lot of automation needed in-game. I did a one-shot to introduce my players to the system with just an excel sheet I found that someone put together.

Hope this cleared up the system a bit. I've only been working with it manually for a few months, so I'm still working it out myself.

xeocat
November 30th, 2020, 04:24
[QUOTE=damned;560817]If you want pretty you will have to make a theme and probably do at least some XML coding.

So... long story or short story

You can 100% do skills in MoreCore - but I think I have to push a new build for you - and they will stay in Sync with their Attributes

The other story is - Im going to do a few videos on building Cyberpunk RED using the Ruleset Wizard by psicodelix
Now - I dont know this system at all so Im going to need direction in terms of how things work mechanically in the system

Actually my intention is to build the Character Sheet - not a full system - Ive neither the time nor the inclination :bandit: so we will see where it ends up.

I also am SOO interested in this! our group is playing over discord and Id love to be able to set up character sheets for FG! will you be posting your video tutorial links here? or a copy of the character sheet you make? so interested in both things!
Cat!

ps you guys are awesome!

damned
November 30th, 2020, 14:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64095-Ruleset-Wizard-and-Cyberpunk-RED-ruleset-creation-tutorial

xeocat
December 1st, 2020, 06:55
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64095-Ruleset-Wizard-and-Cyberpunk-RED-ruleset-creation-tutorial

saddly I dont have the money to buy a 50+ dollar program just to make a character sheet for FG. Guess Ill have to keep looking around for someone whos made one. Thanks though!

BigSky
December 2nd, 2020, 05:31
Install morecore and its cyberpunk 2020 extension. Its not perfect, but it will get you very close.

aircycle
December 3rd, 2020, 02:41
Thanks, damned! I won't be able to get the program at the moment, but thank you for the fantastic amount of help you've provided! You've been a big help!

damned
December 3rd, 2020, 02:56
I will be sharing the CyberpunkRED ruleset (as much of it as I get done) here soon. It will be free to use.

damned
December 3rd, 2020, 02:57
And MoreCore can do all the rolls required already Im pretty sure.

aircycle
December 3rd, 2020, 03:05
that's awesome man you're fantastic! As for morecore, yeah from what I can see, Morecore is definitely able to do so much, but the work I've seen you make on your videos definitely seems like exactly what I'm looking for! So I'll definitely be looking forward to your progress. No rush, I'm not gonna be able to play a game of Cyberpunk until the new year anyway.

BigSky
December 3rd, 2020, 03:05
The explosion rules are in more core. The 2020 extension handles the adding another d10 to a skill check when you roll a 10, but it does not subtract a d10 from your roll after rolling a 1. I tweaked the CP character sheet for the new skills/stats and linked them all up but it's quite the ugly hack job.

Valyar
December 7th, 2020, 15:38
There is issue with this extension and theme, I am not sure it is supposed to look like that?

AugustTEST
December 16th, 2020, 09:41
Anything that could drop before Friday AEDT would be awesome!

RexUniversalis
January 11th, 2021, 07:17
I know damned is working on a ruleset. I've been working on modifying the Cyberpunk 2020 MoreCore extension for RED and I'll release that when I have something I consider releasable. Char Sheet progress pictured below. I've got the stats and skills in and rolling correctly and I've started working on the UI. I plan to get as much of the core rulebook converted and include as much combat automation as I can muster. All credit to everyone that made and maintains the Cyberpunk 2020 MoreCore extension I am just modifying the hard work they already put in.

Theopholly
January 30th, 2021, 20:25
Hey everybody! I know there are some fine folks currently working on rulesets and/or customizing the existing 2020 extension... has anybody dropped anything yet? I keep checking the forums but sometimes they’re confusing to navigate. Thanks!

damned
January 31st, 2021, 01:45
There are rumors of an official CPRed ruleset being done. Nothing concrete yet.

Theopholly
January 31st, 2021, 02:13
There are rumors of an official CPRed ruleset being done. Nothing concrete yet.

I’ve heard that as well but it mostly seems to be rumors as of yet. Are we not allowed to use extensions in the meantime? It sounded like people were working on some.

damned
January 31st, 2021, 02:14
Definitely you can use the extensions in the meantime.
I did start a CPRed project but have mostly discontinued it on the news of the official ruleset.
Only so many hours in the day...

Theopholly
January 31st, 2021, 02:18
Yeah, I hear that. I’ll definitely be scooping up that official ruleset when it drops. I’ve been using the 2020 extension which is pretty frustrating to use with Red but better than nothing. I would’ve loved to use somebody’s Red extension in the meantime but I know it’s pretty time consuming.

BigSky
January 31st, 2021, 02:19
I just made some tweaks to the 2020 extension mostly just re-worked the character sheet. It's crude but is working for my Red campaign. I don't have enough time to totally rework it into Red.

Theopholly
January 31st, 2021, 02:21
How were you able to rework the attributes? Are you editing the XML?

BigSky
January 31st, 2021, 02:26
Yes, I had to dig around in the extension files and tweak what I could. I took out the old stats, added the new, added all the skills and linked them to the proper stats.. broke a couple things 2. We just use the sheet as a character record, roll skills from sheet, everything else is manually calculated/adjusted.

RexUniversalis
January 31st, 2021, 23:24
I have done most everything BigSky has done. I reached out to RTG to make sure I wasn't stepping on IP if I released what I have done but I'm waiting on word back before I finish and release.

damned
January 31st, 2021, 23:36
I have done most everything BigSky has done. I reached out to RTG to make sure I wasn't stepping on IP if I released what I have done but I'm waiting on word back before I finish and release.

If its ruleset and doesnt include product identity stuff or copy paste of descriptive text or graphics from the rulebook then you dont need any permission.
You can generally use a logo providing that you do not represent the product as being official and that you cease using the logo if requested. Logos are a funny thing - they are very much protected but also its very common for people to use someone elses logo in a positive with no recourse.

I sent them an email last year that has not been responded to.

RexUniversalis
January 31st, 2021, 23:51
Ok so as long as I just include structures and implementation of rules and a skeleton for items and cyberware I should be fine?

damned
January 31st, 2021, 23:55
Yep. You should have no issues with that. If you are providing structure there is nothing copyrightable in that.

Theopholly
February 2nd, 2021, 19:34
Ok so as long as I just include structures and implementation of rules and a skeleton for items and cyberware I should be fine?

Are you thinking about releasing the extension while we wait for the official release?

RexUniversalis
February 3rd, 2021, 19:42
I will once I have it more complete. Life has gotten in the way lately and I haven't had time to work on this as much as I'd like. I don't have a timeline yet.

Verdigris
February 5th, 2021, 18:03
Got my hardcopy of the CPRed rulebook yesterday. Super stoked to start putting a group together. :D (Yes, I'm a Cyberpunk fanboi)

Theopholly
February 5th, 2021, 18:52
Got my hardcopy of the CPRed rulebook yesterday. Super stoked to start putting a group together. :D (Yes, I'm a Cyberpunk fanboi)

Congrats! It’s a great book and my group and I have had a blast running it so far. There are a few things I prefer from 2020 but overall I think they did a good job of trimming some of the fat and streamlining the system.

ChefboyArdy
February 18th, 2021, 05:00
watching this, hoping to see something come. Good luck.

caldeth
February 18th, 2021, 06:27
I’m very keen to give this a try once it’s ready. Best of luck with it

Theopholly
February 18th, 2021, 08:12
I’m very keen to give this a try once it’s ready. Best of luck with it

Yeah, it’ll be so nice when a Red extension is made available.

ChefboyArdy
February 18th, 2021, 23:00
indeed, I am using the main sheet to decent effect. I use defense to help keep track of ablated armor in Combat zone. We aren't at a point where head armor is coming into play so, so far it works. I wish there was a way to drag damage on a person and let defense subtract from damage.

I am trying to figure out how to apply negatives to some one. So far its just create some entries that people can type into.