PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to pay for the full license without involving PayPal

jonsg
November 28th, 2020, 18:47
I really don't want to create a paypal account or even give them my email address. I would like to pay with a credit card and just be done with things.

LordEntrails
November 28th, 2020, 18:53
You can check out via Pay Pal using a guest account. But I'm 99% certain an email address is required. It's what is used to identify your FG account (so SmiteWorks knows who paid for what).You need to use the same email address as you use for your FG account or you might be able to get [email protected] to transfer a purchase from a trash email account to your FG account. Not sure.

You can also buy via Steam and I think they have other payment options. EDIT: but Steam is going to require an email account too.

Honestly, not sure how you can do much online business without sharing an email address. Create one for all your gaming and online purchase stuff that you only check when you are expecting something. gmail accounts are free.

jonsg
November 28th, 2020, 18:59
I have created an account here (and shared my email with FG). I'm ok with that. You are correct about the email account and paypal though as even if I check out as guest it wants my email. I don't believe that Paypal treats users ethically and I want to avoid having anything to do with them.

I guess I will just need to suck it up though.

LordEntrails
November 28th, 2020, 19:05
You can purchase through Steam, and I don't think they require Pay Pal, You would need a Steam account though and link it to your FG account. And pretty sure Steam allows direct credit card entry/payment. But not sure.

Valyar
November 28th, 2020, 19:45
And pretty sure Steam allows direct credit card entry/payment. But not sure.
They do