PDA

View Full Version : Allow decimal numbers in inventory.

Doswelk
May 23rd, 2007, 17:03
Has anyone worked out how to have decimal numbers in the inventory (for weight of items)?

I know FGI did not support it but FGII has support in skills, I have not looked yet I just wondering if someone had already worked it out?

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 17:21
FG2 does allow decimals in inventory for weight. It does seem a little quirky. Brand new characters created in FG2 seem to have fewer problems with it. You do have to type 0.x for numbers < 1. I have found the easiest way to input numbers less than one (ie .5) is to put 1 in front and roll the number down - so for .5 I will enter 1.5 and roll the mouse down. The input of 0. seems flaky.

Honduras
May 23rd, 2007, 17:23
I have no problems with the 0

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 17:27
It seems intermittant to me. Sometimes I can get it to work, sometimes not. Its probably a style of use issue - ie do it one way in a certain sequence it always works, do it another it does not. These are hard to find because it often works for the developer's style so they can't reproduce these.

richvalle
May 23rd, 2007, 18:14
I updated a lot of inventories this weekend and also didn't have any problems with using the 0.

Griogre, maybe you shouldn't pause for 2 min between hitting the 0 and the next number. :P

rv

Dachannien
May 23rd, 2007, 18:52
LOL. That . key moves around a lot! :D

Griogre
May 23rd, 2007, 19:26
That damn key keeps jumping around the keyboard. :p I'm not a good touch typist with numbers I perfer to use the numeric keypad for that - which doesn't work in FG for data entry. :(