PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Dead

yeknom
November 28th, 2020, 01:41
I was recently looking at the Rise of the Dead purchased module and I noticed this:

Note: These pregenerated characters contain additonal 'Character sheet' data fields which are not displayed on the NPC sheets linked above, but which will become visible on transfer to the character window (for example a detailed inventory of items). Failure to activate the extension before character transfer will result in only the standard visible 'NPC' fields being transfered to the character sheet.

I am not able to see the extension mentioned in CoC 7e, 6e or in BRP. Does this extension exist and if so where might I find it? If it doesn't exist why does the module still make reference to it.

I tested this in 7e, 6e and BRP. With a fresh campaign and no other extensions loaded. In no case was I give the option to include this extension because the extension is not there when I start up a fresh campaign. It is also not there when I look at my folder for extensions. It has not been removed. This is the same in both Classic and Unity.

The lack of the extension causes the premade characters to appear as NPC's only and not on Character's sheets. It does not create a set of existing characters or allow an import of the specific premade characters, since the premade characters do not exist in character sheet form.

damned
November 28th, 2020, 04:02
I cannot find this product in the store
I suspect it was made some time ago and that things in the ruleset have changed since then...

yeknom
November 28th, 2020, 04:36
That's correct, it doesn't show up in the store. If you google Fantasy Grounds Rise of the Dead though it does show up and is still purchasable.
Here's the link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=CHA0355FG2

damned
November 28th, 2020, 07:29
Its a pre-CoreRPG release.
Its probably not advertised because its not fully compatible.

yeknom
November 28th, 2020, 11:10
I'm still not understanding where the extension went though. Surely it should still be around somewhere and if it isn't shouldn't the adventure not reference a non-existing extension if the adventure is still for sale?

damned
November 28th, 2020, 13:20
I dont know - you will have to ask [email protected]
If its not working or not working properly you can refund it.

RLacey
November 29th, 2020, 10:09
This does make me wonder what other pre-CoreRPG modules are lurking in the depths of the store.

EDIT: By the looks of things (from a SteamDB trawl), Rise of the Dead and Undying Leaders

Is it working apart from the pre-gen characters, yeknom?

yeknom
November 29th, 2020, 21:41
This does make me wonder what other pre-CoreRPG modules are lurking in the depths of the store.

EDIT: By the looks of things (from a SteamDB trawl), Rise of the Dead and Undying Leaders

Is it working apart from the pre-gen characters, yeknom?

From the looks of things yes.

ianmward
December 3rd, 2020, 04:44
I was recently looking at the Rise of the Dead purchased module and I noticed this:

Note: These pregenerated characters contain additonal 'Character sheet' data fields which are not displayed on the NPC sheets linked above, but which will become visible on transfer to the character window (for example a detailed inventory of items). Failure to activate the extension before character transfer will result in only the standard visible 'NPC' fields being transfered to the character sheet.

I am not able to see the extension mentioned in CoC 7e, 6e or in BRP. Does this extension exist and if so where might I find it? If it doesn't exist why does the module still make reference to it.

I tested this in 7e, 6e and BRP. With a fresh campaign and no other extensions loaded. In no case was I give the option to include this extension because the extension is not there when I start up a fresh campaign. It is also not there when I look at my folder for extensions. It has not been removed. This is the same in both Classic and Unity.

The lack of the extension causes the premade characters to appear as NPC's only and not on Character's sheets. It does not create a set of existing characters or allow an import of the specific premade characters, since the premade characters do not exist in character sheet form.

The 7th edition ruleset was designed to cope with the ‘additional’ fields when dragging an NPC to the Character Selection window without the need for an additional extension. I remember it working when I added it, but I now see that it has a couple of issues, which I will fix. These are: the notes and the pcskills are not brought across.

That said, the conversion from 6e to 7e is not perfect, with the skills not being the same in each. Also, the attacks are different and do not transfer.

As well as fixing the issues, I will see what I can do to update them to be usable and let you know.

RLacey
December 3rd, 2020, 06:44
From the looks of things yes.

Thanks - purchased them on a whim, and yes, can see they otherwise work. Excellent :).