PDA

View Full Version : Funny Dice

shammond42
May 23rd, 2007, 14:43
Hi there,

I seems that most of the games, I like to play have different dice and/or conventions for using dice. Let me start with fudge and Ubiquity. I've got customdice working that replicate the -1,0,+1 results of a fudge die and the 0,1 results of a Ubiquity die.

However, it is difficult to right click, click custom die, click dF or dU, right-click to get the correct number of dice and then roll. Is it possible to assign a custom die to be the default die behavior when it is rolled into the chat window?

Secondly, is it possible to change the numbers rendered on the dice, to make them look like fudge or ubiquity dice? I might be willing to go so far as to edit the dice fonts if that is feasible and the only way to achieve it?

Thanks,
Steve

Goblin-King
May 29th, 2007, 08:08
However, it is difficult to right click, click custom die, click dF or dU, right-click to get the correct number of dice and then roll. Is it possible to assign a custom die to be the default die behavior when it is rolled into the chat window?
Your first option might be to hot key the dice.

Another option would also work, if you have a ruleset that only uses a certain type of die (such as a d10 always exploding if a 10 is rolled). You could simply override the result calculations in chatwindow.onDiceLanded and treat the default dice as special dice in that way.

Secondly, is it possible to change the numbers rendered on the dice, to make them look like fudge or ubiquity dice? I might be willing to go so far as to edit the dice fonts if that is feasible and the only way to achieve it?
This is not possible at this time. We're aware of this request, though.

shammond42
May 29th, 2007, 16:42
Thanks for this. I think the second option will probably work in my case, so I'll try this.