PDA

View Full Version : How to resize the target arrow and show distance clearer?

skeletonfish
November 27th, 2020, 19:35
Hey Folks,
Working my way through learning the ropes with the Unity engine and I'm seeing an odd issue where the line that shows the distance to a target is tiny and impossible to see. I need to zoom WAY in to see the actual distance, you can see what I'm describing in the screenshot attached.

Anyway to scale this arrow's size up so we can see the distance value a lot clearer?

Thanks in advance,

-D

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2020, 21:48
What's the scale of your grid? Pretty sure the arrow sizes are relative to grid size. Don't think their is a direct way to adjust their size.

Zacchaeus
November 27th, 2020, 21:49
Something isn't right with that. It should look like thhe image attached.

What ruleset are you using and do you have any extensions loaded? Also check that you only have one theme loaded since that might also cause issues.

skeletonfish
November 28th, 2020, 15:46
Something isn't right with that. It should look like thhe image attached.

What ruleset are you using and do you have any extensions loaded? Also check that you only have one theme loaded since that might also cause issues.

Hey Zacchaeus & LordEntrails,
Not extensions or themes, just standard 5e ruleset.

If I zoom way in I can see what you are showing, but typically in battle we use a more zoomed out display. I don't expect my players to have to zoom in every time they target something to see if it's within range. See the attached two pictures to see the difference.

skeletonfish
November 28th, 2020, 15:49
Hey Zacchaeus & LordEntrails,
Not extensions or themes, just standard 5e ruleset.

If I zoom way in I can see what you are showing, but typically in battle we use a more zoomed out display. I don't expect my players to have to zoom in every time they target something to see if it's within range. See the attached two pictures to see the difference.

Also look here, if I draw a line to check the distance, then it shows it properly.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2020, 16:19
I think the answer is to zoom in a bit more then. If you zoom way out then the arrow will disappear or at least be more or less unreadable - I'm assuming that it scales with the map and not the zoom level

LordEntrails
November 28th, 2020, 19:02
Hmm, not sure how else the arrow might be designed to zoom if not with zoom level, but I can see what you mean. I would put a suggestion on the wish list (link in Mr Z's signature) and then place a comment there linking back to this discussion for the examples. That way when the devs go through the wish list looking for things to add to their to do list, they will see it and be able to see the examples here.