PDA

View Full Version : Player map resets zoom spontaneously

dbm
November 27th, 2020, 09:32
We have noticed that, when a player resizes the window for a map, then all other players see their map spontaneously reset the level of zoom. This does not seem to happen when the GM resizes their map window.

This has been seen playing both DnD 5e and Savage Worlds, so it seems like a shared component?

Running v4.0.3 (2020-11-25). Playing via a LAN connection.

Jiminimonka
November 27th, 2020, 11:22
We have noticed that, when a player resizes the window for a map, then all other players see their map spontaneously reset the level of zoom. This does not seem to happen when the GM resizes their map window.

This has been seen playing both DnD 5e and Savage Worlds, so it seems like a shared component?

Running v4.0.3 (2020-11-25). Playing via a LAN connection.

Next time it happens get everyone to type /console and then create logs and email them all to [email protected]

Zacchaeus
November 27th, 2020, 12:20
Make sure that you are testing this in a new campaign without any extensions.

fubeca150
November 28th, 2020, 19:59
Shoot, this happened last night in my group that was playing Starfinder, but I didn't remember this thread, only that it was a reported bug. My GM didn't have any extensions running, either.

dbm
December 1st, 2020, 19:24
We're playing again and it still happens. Not running any extensions, just Savage Worlds and a couple of other items (Science Fiction companion, Adventure Deck, Last Parsec, Eris Beta V).

But it was also occurring with D&D 5e and Out of the Abyss. Will email

FG_Dave
December 1st, 2020, 22:58
Thanks everyone for reporting this.

I am going to pass this on to Moon Wizard and Carl so they can see this.

dbm
December 1st, 2020, 23:00
I've sent the log files to support; ref 7495

EllivasKram
December 2nd, 2020, 22:41
I can confirm this is happening in my campaigns.

Happens when one specific user max’imises (background mode) his map. And all players then recently their maps. That are not Max’d. It doesn’t affect the DM’s map as I always run my maps in max (background mode)

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2020, 23:18
Thanks everyone. I've identified the issue; and it should be fixed in the next release build.

Regards,
JPG

dbm
December 2nd, 2020, 23:31
Excellent news, thank you