PDA

View Full Version : One Player Disconnects

Cruise105
November 26th, 2020, 06:15
I am having an issue where only one of my players continuously disconnects during a game. When they attempt to reconnect they can't see their character, and they appear to be in the server alone. I have 4 players in my game, and this player is the only one that seems to have this issue. They will disconnect sometimes 3 or 4 times during a session and sometimes it can take upwards of an hour or two before we can finally get them to reconnect properly.

I have the full license for Fantasy Grounds Unity, as does this player. My other 3 players have the Demo version of Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Should I contact FG Support?

I have searched for this issue and have found nothing recent or even close to this exact issue.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2020, 06:29
It's rare but I have heard of another case recently of this happening. I don't know if or what the solution to the other case was. But I would first look at that user's security software. I would guess that something on their end (Flood Protection, QoS, Parental Controls, Advanced Security...) is jumping in and 'protecting them'.

Both you and the player have variosu log files from FG, you can get this manually or from the console 'Compile Logs' button. Those might help us figure out.

damned
November 26th, 2020, 11:31
On your computer on a cloud game do:

/info

in chat and record the Connector address

On the players computer:

open 3 cmd prompts

in the first do:

ping (whatever their gateway ip address is) -t

in the second do

ping 8.8.8.8 -t

in the third do